Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

I am a guy and I've always had an issue with buying footwear. There are so many different types of shoes/trainers... I don't know how to decide.

For example I am into trainers, so what do I go for? Like on the Sports Direct website there are so many different types e.g. canvas, high tops and so on.

I just want a pair of trainers for casual wear, like when going out or uni. Which ones/types do I choose?

Up until now I have been wearing anything (i.e. no fashion sense )

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I just go first for what I like the look of, then try them on to see if they're comfortable.

I wouldn't recommend buying online until you know more about your size in different types of shoes. Go to a Sports Direct store and try a few different things to see what you like. No one else can tell you what to wear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I just go first for what I like the look of, then try them on to see if they're comfortable.

I wouldn't recommend buying online until you know more about your size in different types of shoes. Go to a Sports Direct store and try a few different things to see what you like. No one else can tell you what to wear.
    I see what you mean because sizes can vary between brands but right now I wear Nike Court trainers, before I wore Nike running trainers. It was only after a friend pointed out that I stopped wearing the running trainers-after all they're made for running i.e. gym.

This is what confuses me, I don't wanna look like a jackass.

ReputationRep:
    I used to spend like an hour plus in shops trying to pick out a half decent pair of shoes that won't destroy my wallet - I tend to just buy shoes of amazon now, just bought myself a pair of Adidas Top Court Boots - In my opinion they look pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunTiger)
    I see what you mean because sizes can vary between brands but right now I wear Nike Court trainers, before I wore Nike running trainers. It was only after a friend pointed out that I stopped wearing the running trainers-after all they're made for running i.e. gym.

This is what confuses me, I don't wanna look like a jackass.
    Really I don't think you'll look like a jackass for wearing running shoes. Plenty of people wear running shoes day to day. Just pick what you like the look of. I recently got some Nike Ishod Wair dunks (http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/...r-1.jpg?9a1c09 ) which are *technically* skating shoes but they're so comfortable and I think they look awesome so I couldn't give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woi92)
    I used to spend like an hour plus in shops trying to pick out a half decent pair of shoes that won't destroy my wallet - I tend to just buy shoes of amazon now, just bought myself a pair of Adidas Top Court Boots - In my opinion they look pretty good.
    That's what I am like lol, spend plenty of time looking and still can't make up my mind. I've never spent more than £35 on any footwear, I just don't see how people can spend like £100 on footwear that they'll bin in like a year.

Really I don't think you'll look like a jackass for wearing running shoes. Plenty of people wear running shoes day to day. Just pick what you like the look of. I recently got some Nike Ishod Wair dunks (http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/...r-1.jpg?9a1c09 ) which are *technically* skating shoes but they're so comfortable and I think they look awesome so I couldn't give a damn.
    Hmm I might as well get what I like then, maybe I'm just thinking it to it too much lol, I have a habit of doing that.

ReputationRep:

Or order a bunch of shoes online from a store that offers free returns and then send them all back if they don't fit :laugh:

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.