Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ill keep this short and simple. I am a A2 student doing a level maths,biology,chemistry. I got a c in English language in my gcses.
    Is there a chance that i can resit my gcses and improve to an A for November exam.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If you're confident you'd have time to put in the work. Are you aiming for medicine by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clemm101)
    Yes. If you're confident you'd have time to put in the work. Are you aiming for medicine by any chance?
    yes i am medicine or dentistry

ReputationRep:
    You'll need that A then . Entries for November resits are at the beginning of October so you should speak to your school/college as soon as possible. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bence9912)
    yes i am medicine or dentistry
    I heard in medicine they don't allow resit gcse qualifications ( I'm looking in the same field )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    I heard in medicine they don't allow resit gcse qualifications ( I'm looking in the same field )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some do, some don't. They are more likely to accept re-sits in English than they are in Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't. They are more likely to accept re-sits in English than they are in Sciences.
    Which universities accept it? And do you know about maths gcse aswell ? Is it the same case

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have a look here http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf for Medicine. For Dentistry you'll have to look at individual Universities. On the whole they're not keen on re-sits BUT with excellent A-Level grades and if you meet the minimum requirements and do well with admissions tests you should be good. What did you get in Maths? Re-sits in English and Maths might not look so good.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look here http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf for Medicine. For Dentistry you'll have to look at individual Universities. On the whole they're not keen on re-sits BUT with excellent A-Level grades and if you meet the minimum requirements and do well with admissions tests you should be good. What did you get in Maths? Re-sits in English and Maths might not look so good.
    maths i got an A

ReputationRep:
    I would re-sit the English and aim get at least a B. Most Universities are interested in Maths and Science GCSEs and some state that you need a B in English - with good A-Levels and entry admission scores, as well as the GCSE requirements (even if one is a re-sit) you can't go far wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this - I got a C in GCSE maths and English lang
    the course i want to apply doesnt mind the C in english but Maths has to be at least a B
    Do you think I should do english aswell ?
    Im finding it hard with A2 work and Gcse
    dont really know what to do

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't add any extra pressure. Re-sit the Maths and don't worry about the English if you don't need it. A2 work is demanding and you don't want your A-Level grades to suffer as ultimately they are far more important.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.