Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i wanted to do law at uni. I didn't do very well and got BCDD in AS level. The uni course i wanted to do was at newcastle or sheffield but for law the grades were AAA to get in. I was thinking of doing business instead which is AAB. I know i can get the grades i was just having a rough time and didn't revise enough. would i still be considered for this course or would it be better to apply for business because the grades are lower and then ring up on the day if i do exceptionally well and ask to change to law. Or is there no point applying because my AS grades are too low. Any help would be appreciated because i don't want to mess my application up.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NandreiS)
    Basically i wanted to do law at uni. I didn't do very well and got BCDD in AS level. The uni course i wanted to do was at newcastle or sheffield but for law the grades were AAA to get in. I was thinking of doing business instead which is AAB. I know i can get the grades i was just having a rough time and didn't revise enough. would i still be considered for this course or would it be better to apply for business because the grades are lower and then ring up on the day if i do exceptionally well and ask to change to law. Or is there no point applying because my AS grades are too low. Any help would be appreciated because i don't want to mess my application up.
    It's worth applying, but don't get your hopes up too much since you don't meet the requirements. But if you don't apply then you'll never know if you would have got an offer. Any offers you do get will be conditional on you meeting the required grades, so you need to work hard to ensure you'll meet the offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.