Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW is this enough to get me into uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been wanting to apply for a brick university but i didn't have a level 3 qualification. So i think

I was looking for something and i happen to come across some of my old qualifications from 2012 and one of then was my public services certification. I thought that the public services level i did was level 2 but on the certifcate it says:

Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certification in Public Services (QCF) i got a distinction and on another page it says

Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Cert. (=50% National Award 28-36)

I dont understand any of this. I dont know if this counts as a Level 3 qualification that universities ask for

Is this is level 3 qualification that universities require?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any good university will let you in with a public services qualification... maybe apply for a job in public services?

ReputationRep:
    If it says Level 3 of the certificate than you did indeed take a Level 3 course my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum323)
    I don't think any good university will let you in with a public services qualification... maybe apply for a job in public services?
    Am doing something public services relation. I want to do crimiology

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as though you have the Certificate, rather than the Diploma, which means that it is level 3, but carries only half the credits. Your distinction will be worth 60 UCAS points (under the new tariff). Considering that the qualification is from 2012, I think universities will be looking for something more. You can email admissions tutors at university, with a full list of your qualifications to get their advice, but I suspect that advice will be to get your maths GCSE and do an Access course.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...ff-tables/1181

ReputationRep:
    Do you have GCSE Grade C minimum in Maths and English as well? Some unis only ask for these and others ask for a minimum of 5 at Grade C. You HAVE to have GCSE Grade C in English Language for ALL university courses I think at the very least, as well as the equivalent of at least two A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I see you posted this in the mature students forum. Most students over the age of 21 without the necessary qualifications to go to uni do an Adult Access course at their local college, which is equivalent to 5 GCSE's and 3 A levels. You need to check what your qualification you have is "worth" first and take things from there. Do you mind if I ask you how old you are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    OP, I see you posted this in the mature students forum. Most students over the age of 21 without the necessary qualifications to go to uni do an Adult Access course at their local college, which is equivalent to 5 GCSE's and 3 A levels. You need to check what your qualification you have is "worth" first and take things from there. Do you mind if I ask you how old you are?
    Am 21 I have a grade C in English but don't have a maths GCSE. I checked on the us as website it says mature students something don't need any qualifications at all which I find rather deceptive as its not true

And i have a level 3 certificate and at college if you don't have a level 3 you can do access to higher education form free. I don't know if my level 3 certificate counts as a level 3 course. And I'd rather not dish out thousands for a college course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most universities would like you to have Maths and English at a C. Your right that you don't need any qualifications to get on a degree course as my ex has some how managed to get on one last minute. But I went through the Access route. You can only do the access course once now as they won't fund the second. They've change funding for some colleges this year and anyone over 19 now has to pay fees, and exceptions like first level 3 certificate. Since you have one, then probably get a student loan, which if you complete a degree afterwards gets written off. My sister has the same BTEC and did a similar course but had to do an access course to get on to it, although she was older. So first thing get your Maths to a C, then an access course. Some colleges let you do them side by side, but others refuse now days as people where failing the access course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.