Sweating too much

ReputationRep:
    HELLO EVERYONE
    First off i would want to say thank you to the members of this group, especially Miss Banana @Banana00, for creating this group, as i feel as women and girls we can be very self-conscious.

THE PROBLEM
    Ever since i hit puberty i have been sweating an AWFUL lol and every time i sit next to a boy, or just a person in general they say it sells pongy! :dong::dong:. Other than roll-on (allergic skin reaction) and perfume (dosent help me at all!) how can i make the sweating smell less, or reduce the sweating altogether

THANK YOU!!!
    Talkand...Talk

ReputationRep:
    first of all, what group you taking about

second, i think sweating has something to do with your diet. go to the sauna and sweat it all out and see if its still ocurring after.

ReputationRep:
    Fresh sweat doesn't smell.
    Understand the difference between antiperspirant and deodorant.
    And if you really have to, botox treatments to hands, feet, underarms can inhibit excessive sweating.

ReputationRep:
    A few things:

change your diet
    drink more water
    are you exercising? if not try exercising, i'm not calling you fat but i used to sweat persistently too but it stopped when i started sweating it out during exercise for some reason

a little hack is try moisturising yourself with coconut lotion/oil after a shower or before you get changed. that usually helps with the smell

ReputationRep:
    If you want, you can private message me and we can talk about this? I'm 19 years old and i've this medical condition since forever but its under control now thanks to medication ^_^Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    get a roll on with alluminium chloride hexahydrate. it works perfectly to stop sweating

i bought the "Anhydrol Forte" roll on which works perfectly but did sting in the beginning.
    i've also used driclor which is a pretty good purchase without the stinging

edit: if you can't use roll ons then you dun goofed

ReputationRep:
    drink A LOT of water, also if you're inactive you're more likely to sweat by running for a short time (eg class to class) or walking long distances, change your diet into a healthy one as well

ReputationRep:
    ihatePE
    There's a TSR Ladies' Club - I think that Talkand...Talk may have thought that this thread would only be seen by members of that group.

Talkand...Talk
    Please don't feel embarrassed by this; it happens to everyone at some point!
    Banana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    ihatePE
    There's a TSR Ladies' Club - I think that Talkand...Talk may have thought that this thread would only be seen by members of that group.

Talkand...Talk
    Please don't feel embarrassed by this; it happens to everyone at some point!
    Banana
    Yes i thought only members saw this thread silly me and thank you very much. As soon as i saw ur name on the group i clicked "follow group" almost immediately lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkand...Talk)
    Yes i thought only members saw this thread silly me and thank you very much. As soon as i saw ur name on the group i clicked "follow group" almost immediately lol
    That's okay - I didn't realise either.

Banana

ReputationRep:
    Inject some Botox into your armpit

ReputationRep:
    My hands, pits and feet sweat for no reason horribly all the time

i recommend using driclor

It's pretty decent, it will sting at first but honestly if this doesn't work then you're gonna need surgery. While it's not completely fixed the problem it has helped a lot, like in normal situations I won't sweat or atleast i wont sweat anywhere near i usually would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyLadDarren)
    My hands, pits and feet sweat for no reason horribly all the time

i recommend using driclor

It's pretty decent, it will sting at first but honestly if this doesn't work then you're gonna need surgery. While it's not completely fixed the problem it has helped a lot, like in normal situations I won't sweat or atleast i wont sweat anywhere near i usually would.
    Most helpful person on this damn thread . Mums just ordered it thxs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    A few things:
    a little hack is try moisturising yourself with coconut lotion/oil after a shower or before you get changed. that usually helps with the smell
    coconut oil helps with th smell? Never heard of it but thanks for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarianEstes)
    coconut oil helps with th smell? Never heard of it but thanks for sharing!
    yep little hack that I discovered. anything coconut related works - oil, moisturiser, soaps. must be something in it

yep little hack that I discovered. anything coconut related works - oil, moisturiser, soaps. must be something in it
    And does it make you smell like coconut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And does it make you smell like coconut?
    Yes

Yes
    I don't like the smell of coconut.

What is it in diet that causes you to sweat more?

ReputationRep:
    the most occurs when

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't like the smell of coconut.

What is it in diet that causes you to sweat more?
    I was consuming more carbs than protein
    loved eating bread, pasta and rice and not just a small amount. I'd have huge plates
    diets are supposed to be more protein than carb but I was doing the opposite

also used to eat spicy food a lot (not sure if that contributed to the sweating) but when I started eating more clean and healthy and had less wheat and more protein and salads and fruit and yogurt it really helped.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.