Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I need some of your advice please. Basically over the summer I have been preparing for C1 and C2 and am attaining around 75% on each paper for both these modules, I am also currently studying for S1. I am taking Further Maths in which I will complete A-Level Maths in 1year.

Basically should I study C3 alongside S1 and just do C1/C2 papers? Also how many times in a week should I be doing a past paper?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by phat-chewbacca)
    Hey Guys,

I need some of your advice please. Basically over the summer I have been preparing for C1 and C2 and am attaining around 75% on each paper for both these modules, I am also currently studying for S1. I am taking Further Maths in which I will complete A-Level Maths in 1year.

Basically should I study C3 alongside S1 and just do C1/C2 papers? Also how many times in a week should I be doing a past paper?
    I think you'd get very bored over the year if you've pretty much finished AS in September. There's no need to do x amount of past papers a week, do it when you need to. If you're getting 75% in C1/C2 at this stage it's a very good sign, but also one that you need to look at your mark distribution and work out how to shape your revision - is it that you're consistently finding one or two topics difficult or all of the hard questions or... and then go and learn some more before doing past papers accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    I never get bored from Maths. Also I pretty much finished C1 & C2, but I am just making silly mistakes when I do past papers. I am finding trig questions like these a little difficult. These questions are the ones were I lose a lot of marks plus silly mistakes on other questions. When I make a silly mistake on a question, I don't add any marks for the question.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Wait so you're wanting to do A-level Maths and Further Maths in one year, or just A-level Maths in one year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Wait so you're wanting to do A-level Maths and Further Maths in one year, or just A-level Maths in one year?
    At Sixth-form we are doing A-Level maths this year in which I will be taking C1-C4, S1 and M1. And next year we will be doing A-level Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed A Level Maths in my first year and I had done the same thing as you! I would concentrate on getting C1 and C2 to nearer 90% first but if youre confident that you can and have the time and commitment to do it then I say go for it! The maths isn't too hard but the amount of time you have to put into it stacks up pretty quickly so be prepared! Good Luck if you do!

ReputationRep:
    At Sixth-form we are doing A-Level maths this year in which I will be taking C1-C4, S1 and M1. And next year we will be doing A-level Further Maths.
    Oh I see! Sounds like you're well ahead with work already so you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    If you're only getting 75% on C1/2 papers, then you're not ready to be tackling C3.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.