The Student Room Group

Chemistry or Further Maths

I like both, got the same grade in both but am worried about taking a subject that's too hard. Either way I will drop this subject at as I think. I'm also taking history and English and want to go into law.

Opinions? Thanks
Tom
Original post by TomHibbs12
I like both, got the same grade in both but am worried about taking a subject that's too hard. Either way I will drop this subject at as I think. I'm also taking history and English and want to go into law.

Opinions? Thanks
Tom

I think Further Maths is easier. If all you need is a solid grade for your third subject (I don't know this though) and you're interested enough and can practice enough then you should be fine with it.
I'd probably agree with SeanFM, if you're going to drop it at AS either way, Further Maths AS isn't really any harder than the regular Maths AS. At the very least, FP1 is definitely easier than C3/C4 imo. Almost everyone I know who did Chemistry complained endlessly about it too, so you might be better off going for FM :tongue:
Reply 3
Thanks - sorry I missed out maths! I'm taking chemistry, english, history and maths at the moment and am deciding whether to swap chemistry for further maths.
Original post by TomHibbs12
Thanks - sorry I missed out maths! I'm taking chemistry, english, history and maths at the moment and am deciding whether to swap chemistry for further maths.

Can you do btec it as a level cs at the same time

Quick Reply

Latest