Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im really confused by this guy I have a crush on.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I work at a hospital part time and there is a fellow there who i have a little crush on. i met him when i started a few months ago and hes one of those quiet shy guys. he even talks quietly. i used to always catch him staring at me and he would not talk. but then randomly he would greet like mini salute me in the corridor or once i didnt work on his watd for a while he came up behind me and was asking where i have been hiding. then more recently he doesnt look at me when i try to smile at him but he still greets me and talks to me when im not looking at him. but when i try to smile as im walking past he pointedly ignores me. he doesnt do that with anyone else. can someone understand whats going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reshma27)
    I work at a hospital part time and there is a fellow there who i have a little crush on. i met him when i started a few months ago and hes one of those quiet shy guys. he even talks quietly. i used to always catch him staring at me and he would not talk. but then randomly he would greet like mini salute me in the corridor or once i didnt work on his watd for a while he came up behind me and was asking where i have been hiding. then more recently he doesnt look at me when i try to smile at him but he still greets me and talks to me when im not looking at him. but when i try to smile as im walking past he pointedly ignores me. he doesnt do that with anyone else. can someone understand whats going on?
    he may like you but he sounds shy af
    doesn't that put you off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    he may like you but he sounds shy af
    doesn't that put you off?
    he is starting to put me off but i also cant stop thinking about him because in every other regard he is exactly the kind of guy im looking for. im just scared to go up to him because i dont want to fall flat on my face metaphorically speaking. is there some way i could find out for certain? if i knew for certain then i wouldnt be scared to go up to him.

ReputationRep:
    he is starting to put me off but i also cant stop thinking about him because in every other regard he is exactly the kind of guy im looking for. im just scared to go up to him because i dont want to fall flat on my face metaphorically speaking. is there some way i could find out for certain? if i knew for certain then i wouldnt be scared to go up to him.
    approaching him is the only way to find out the truth
    if he's so shy as you told us, he won't talk to you any time soon, so he may be thankful that you talked to him first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    approaching him is the only way to find out the truth
    if he's so shy as you told us, he won't talk to you any time soon, so he may be thankful that you talked to him first
    but i have tried talking to him. i say hi and ask if hes ok when he walked past sometimes. i dont anymore because he just said hi back and mumbled something. he looked like he was in a hurry to get away. so i have not said anything since. but then recently he came where i was sitting for a file i told him its on the table without lookingnat him and i carried on looking at my computer then he asked me if i mind if he took it i said no im done. again i looked away then he just starts a conversation about how ita quiet where im sitting and usually theres a load of gentleman chatting and i didnt say much but i turned to look at him and he hurried off like a scared cat. i dont know...im thinking to just pointedly ignore him too from now on.

ReputationRep:
    but i have tried talking to him. i say hi and ask if hes ok when he walked past sometimes. i dont anymore because he just said hi back and mumbled something. he looked like he was in a hurry to get away. so i have not said anything since. but then recently he came where i was sitting for a file i told him its on the table without lookingnat him and i carried on looking at my computer then he asked me if i mind if he took it i said no im done. again i looked away then he just starts a conversation about how ita quiet where im sitting and usually theres a load of gentleman chatting and i didnt say much but i turned to look at him and he hurried off like a scared cat. i dont know...im thinking to just pointedly ignore him too from now on.
    You know what? This is just small talk - it won't get you anywhere. Be more bold, try to ask him out or sth, but make sure you exude confidence when you do it.Try to choose the right moment, though!

If he says no, he ain't gonna bother too much, as he seems pretty withdrawn anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.