Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I would like to commute by my car to the Uni but I am struggling with where to park my car there. Although there are car parks near uni I cannot buy parking permit unless I am Uni staff or postgraduate student, which I am not . Is anyone getting to the Uni by car as well? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danci)
    Hello I would like to commute by my car to the Uni but I am struggling with where to park my car there. Although there are car parks near uni I cannot buy parking permit unless I am Uni staff or postgraduate student, which I am not . Is anyone getting to the Uni by car as well? Thank you

Loads commute by car, there are several places around the uni that are 3 hours free. Alternatively there are loads of NPC car parks that cost around £5 for the day. The Aquatics center is basically on the main campus and spaces are always available no matter what time you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deeko1987)
    Loads commute by car, there are several places around the uni that are 3 hours free. Alternatively there are loads of NPC car parks that cost around £5 for the day. The Aquatics center is basically on the main campus and spaces are always available no matter what time you arrive.
    Can u please tell me where that 3 hours free car parks are located ? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to be mad, given the prices and availability of parking, plus the cost of petrol, VED, insurance, MOT etc.

Why not just get the train in and then the bus down? If you come into Piccadilly or Oxford Rd, there's the 147 bus, which is free for most of its route if you're a student.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danci)
    Hi,

We have multiple car parks around the university. Here's a website with more details: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/un...ravel/parking/

Although the article says it's Open Day parking, the car parks listed are available for use all year round.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
    Sophie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.