The Student Room Group

You think so?

Started school on the 6th of September, but properly going to revise on the 19th of September is that still considered to be the beginning of the school year so three weeks in. What do you think?
Original post by Freshstart123
Started school on the 6th of September, but properly going to revise on the 19th of September is that still considered to be the beginning of the school year so three weeks in. What do you think?

Yes, as long as you actually revise from the 19th, I wouldn't do masses to start, 30mins - 1hr everyday is a nice way to get into revision (don't forget to do hw too). Good luck.
Original post by Calzs34
Yes, as long as you actually revise from the 19th, I wouldn't do masses to start, 30mins - 1hr everyday is a nice way to get into revision (don't forget to do hw too). Good luck.

Thank you so much, but do you think if i really do start from the 19th is taht considered to be early in the year as well as the beginning of the school year?
Thank you so much, but do you think if i really do start from the 19th is taht considered to be early in the year as well as the beginning of the school year?

That is ridiculously early, yes.

Yes, the majority start at Easter (if you're talking GCSEs), Christmas/January for AS/A-Levels.

Though, really I wouldn't advise doing what the majority do, as if you do 30-60mins eveyday up until Christmas from the 19th you would have already covered over 50-100 hours of revision. Which is a lot, considering you only really get about 100 hours of learning per subject, further to this you'll have a nice routine where you may give yourself Sunday/Saturday off and work basically only in the weekday, past Christmas you'll want to slowly start doing more revision and considering past papers for some subjects at that point. Also, past Christmas you will probably not want to give yourself every weekend off as the workload increases, make a balance between what you like and revising, You've got a great mentality to start early, and yes it is early(though not so early that you shouldn't revise - because you should), you will be fine!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest