Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    And if so, what have you gone for? I don't know which ones to get 😩

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third year so not exactly new....
    But in my first year I bought a pair of Clark shoes. Not the unloops as most people get but something similar. I explained I was doing nursing so needed something comfortable.
    They were great for my first year and a bit and then they had to go in the bin. I had worn them so much I'd worn them down and they began to give me blisters
    I now have an all black pair of sketchers memory foam (can be put in the washing machine too). And they are so comfortable.
    We're told about wearing shoes and not trainers but near enough all nurses I've met wear trainers in the wards due to a the amount of miles they actually cover per shift!
    Check what your university policy is on shoes and your uniform etc. But no one has said anything to me about trainers!
    And be prepared to carry a spare pair (including uniform). In my field we would tend to get covered in certain bodily functions some shifts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - that's so helpful! I did wonder about trainers for after your qualified or later on as I've seen so many nurses in hospitals wearing trainers. Going to pop to Clarks tomorrow and see what they recommend and hopefully find something not too ugly! 😂

(Original post by deviant182)
    I'm a third year so not exactly new....
    But in my first year I bought a pair of Clark shoes. Not the unloops as most people get but something similar. I explained I was doing nursing so needed something comfortable.
    They were great for my first year and a bit and then they had to go in the bin. I had worn them so much I'd worn them down and they began to give me blisters
    I now have an all black pair of sketchers memory foam (can be put in the washing machine too). And they are so comfortable.
    We're told about wearing shoes and not trainers but near enough all nurses I've met wear trainers in the wards due to a the amount of miles they actually cover per shift!
    Check what your university policy is on shoes and your uniform etc. But no one has said anything to me about trainers!
    And be prepared to carry a spare pair (including uniform). In my field we would tend to get covered in certain bodily functions some shifts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.