Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I am a student seeking to study a undergraduate degree in Politics & IR.
    In my GCSE's I got 5B's, 3A's and 2A*'s. However, in my AS results i got the following:
    Geography - A (192/200 UMS)
    History - A (200/200 UMS)
    Business Studies - A (190/200)
    Economics - A (177/200)

As you can see, I performed substantially better in my AS grades and I am now predicted 3A*'s at A2 level.However, my GCSE grades concern me when aiming for the top universities.

Do you think I would stand a chance if I apply to LSE? Likewise with King's College and Warwick? Particularly because I have tended to find that the calibre of people applying have mostly over 5 A*'s at GCSE. In contrast, maybe my improvement into Sixth Form would be welcomed and looked upon favourably by Universities?

I'd appreciate any advice and opinions. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    LSE would be very risky, they like to look at GCSE's a lot. Not sure about KCL and Warwick but I don't think they'll mind considering your AS's. Give the admissions tutors an email if you are still worried

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.