Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Failure of western social system to provide justice to F4J watch

ReputationRep:
    Western culture is dominated by sexual promiscuity, with people jumping from relationship to relationship trying to fulfil themselves and find the 'one'. No human being would choose to live in such a situation, which is why studies consistently show the adverse effects that family breakdowns have upon the individuals involved.

Women are more prone to depression after suffering a divorce and the suicide rate has increased amongst men, which has been partly attributed to family break-ups.

Insecurity is so prevalent that women’s magazines are full of advice concerning how to get a man and more importantly, how to keep him.

In 2002, the number of divorces granted in the uk increased by 1.9 per cent, from 157,000 in 2001 to 160,000. this is the highest number of divorces since 1997, but still 11 per cent less than the peak of 180,000 in 1993. 650 children a day have parents who separate or divorce - source: Lord Chancellors's department.

There are a record number of breaks down of marriages taking place in the UK, teenage pregnancies, etc.

Figures show that mothers gain custody in four out of five disputes – F4J (fathers for justice) believes that 40% of fathers subsequently lose contact with their children within two years. Some of these cases will be due to fathers turning their backs, but he claims that the "vast majority" are due to mothers denying access

Undefined roles of husband and wife ? treatment of children , caring, etc. Down to man himself or herself to define what role he or she plays in the relationship? Or the western social system is on the verge of collapse?

What does eveyone think?

ReputationRep:
    My father has seen my brother for about 2 weeks in 5 years as a result of my mother obstructing and indoctrinating my brother against my father.

I could probably base a dissertation on this!!!

ReputationRep:
    'western social system on verge of collapse' - no, something of an exaggeration there. As for F4J they have my support, the custody laws are outragously sexist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    What's an F4J?
    Farthers for Justice, a charity group that campagins for increased rights for husbands to their children after divorce cases. The only reason I know about it is because 4 members stood on top of the Clifton suspension bridge recently dressed as superheroes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Farthers for Justice, a charity group that campagins for increased rights for husbands to their children after divorce cases. The only reason I know about it is because 4 members stood on top of the Clifton suspension bridge recently dressed as superheroes
    Yes its one of their trademark stunts. Incidently it was F4J that also through paint and flour over the PM a few months ago in parliment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Yes its one of their trademark stunts. Incidently it was F4J that also through paint and flour over the PM a few months ago in parliment.
    the condom thing that people were complaining could contain anthrax? didn't one of them spend several days dressed as spiderman dangling off a crane or similar high structure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    the condom thing that people were complaining could contain anthrax? didn't one of them spend several days dressed as spiderman dangling off a crane or similar high structure
    Yes to both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    My father has seen my brother for about 2 weeks in 5 years as a result of my mother obstructing and indoctrinating my brother against my father.

I could probably base a dissertation on this!!!
    Who do you think is to be blamed in all of this?

ReputationRep:
    I think they had to do such stunts in order to gain publicity, in result of this legislations had to be re-looked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntelliBug)
    I think they had to do such stunts in order to gain publicity, in result of this legislations had to be re-looked.
    creating security scares hardly gains popularity in the government

ReputationRep:
    Western culture is dominated by sexual promiscuity, with people jumping from relationship to relationship trying to fulfil themselves and find the 'one'. No human being would choose to live in such a situation, which is why studies consistently show the adverse effects that family breakdowns have upon the individuals involved.
    The fact that now they can many human beings do "live in such a situation" suggests that you are mistaken. Evidence for your assertions, please

Women are more prone to depression after suffering a divorce and the suicide rate has increased amongst men, which has been partly attributed to family break-ups.
    Is there any evidence that rates of depression are lower among women who remain in marriages they dislike than those who get a divorce? As long ago as Durkheim it was shown that suicide rates increased with anomy, but does it matter if people exercisze their rights to commit suicide?

Insecurity is so prevalent that women’s magazines are full of advice concerning how to get a man and more importantly, how to keep him.
    When weren't they?

In 2002, the number of divorces granted in the uk increased by 1.9 per cent, from 157,000 in 2001 to 160,000. this is the highest number of divorces since 1997, but still 11 per cent less than the peak of 180,000 in 1993. 650 children a day have parents who separate or divorce - source: Lord Chancellors's department.
    Check statistics for length of marriage in Georgian and Victorian times: divorce ends now what death or desertion did then.

There are a record number of breaks down of marriages taking place in the UK, teenage pregnancies, etc.
    Evidence, again, for both claims, and if there are...? What difference does it make if a marriage ends because of death, disappearance or divorce?

Figures show that mothers gain custody in four out of five disputes – F4J (fathers for justice) believes that 40% of fathers subsequently lose contact with their children within two years. Some of these cases will be due to fathers turning their backs, but he claims that the "vast majority" are due to mothers denying access
    Evidence for this claim. Fathers for justice are very liable to make unsubstantiated assertions.

Undefined roles of husband and wife ? treatment of children , caring, etc. Down to man himself or herself to define what role he or she plays in the relationship?
    An important reason is that there is no need to have vast numbers of children and easily accessible reliable contraception. Once women had little choice except to produce many children, many of whom died young or remain celibate. Their life revolved around breeding and childcare. There is no longer any need to do this.
    Or the western social system is on the verge of collapse?
    Transformation. It has been changing very fast for a couple of hundred years. The interesting thing is that the rate of change- technological and social- seems to be getting faster.

ReputationRep:
    Its doing a good job of getting them publicity as well.

ReputationRep:
    'western social system on verge of collapse' - no, something of an exaggeration there. As for F4J they have my support, the custody laws are outragously sexist.
    Maybe it is an exaggeration, but if we look to a series of events leading to failure of family structure, we can see how the system has failed to provide a solution.

Will F4J ever get the justice they demand? Who decides?

Or will these soon be brushed under the carpet once media spotlight is moved away from this, and most of the population growing up not knowing anything about thier fathers??

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is an exaggeration, but if we look to a series of events leading to failure of family structure, we can see how the system has failed to provide a solution.

Will F4J ever get the justice they demand? Who decides?

Or will these soon be brushed under the carpet once media spotlight is moved away from this, and most of the population growing up not knowing anything about thier fathers??
    Certainly the 'family unit' as its commonly understood is changing, with the gradual acceptance of varying sexual orientation and promiscuity. With regards to F4J i think they will get justice eventually. Wer are currently suffering the end of the backlash of feminist reform where the laws discriminating against women were altered to an extent where they discriminated instead against men in certain areas - we are now reaching the point of moderation where hopefully true equality will be achieved.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.