Turn on thread page Beta

Every single person doing a levels read this now!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so anyone doing a levels or has done them share what subject you did or your doing and how you revised for each subject as well as how you structured your revision. This thread is made to help me as well as everyone else who are doing A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Maths- past papers and questions
    FM- past papers and questions
    Physics- past papers, LOTS of revision cards
    Chemsitry- past papers, LOTS of revision cards

Just make sure to revise regularly and if you don't understand something you must consolidate it as much as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niallbc)
    Maths- past papers and questions
    FM- past papers and questions
    Physics- past papers, LOTS of revision cards
    Chemsitry- past papers, LOTS of revision cards

Just make sure to revise regularly and if you don't understand something you must consolidate it as much as you can.
    I'm doing the new linear a levels in chemistry and biology, so how would you suggest to revise all the as content as well as the a2 stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely it will be on the exams! I did AS Chemistry and how I did it was print out the specification and tick off when I've made relevant cards on it so I know I can answer everything they could have thrown at me. As for biology, get really good at answering the data questions as to not lose easier marks, from personal experience cards and maths are the ways to the sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Mindmaps and flash cards for essay subjects
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I thought you meant every person that was single, i.e. not in a relationship. :getmecoat::lol:

But….

I do French, Spanish AS, English Lit and Psychology.

I go over my notes and do LOADS of past papers… go to extra revision sessions too so my teachers can help me with things I don't get. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Law, R.S and English lit

I haven't actually done any revision yet since we just started...

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Physics, Maths, Further Maths and English Literature.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I procrastinate instead. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUBJUGATOR)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Law, R.S and English lit

I haven't actually done any revision yet since we just started...
    When did you start school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I am doing Physics, Maths, Further Maths and English Literature.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I procrastinate instead. :getmecoat:
    eyy, haven't seen anyone else with that subject combo, nice to see I'm not alone

ReputationRep:
    Maths - STEP
    Further Maths - STEP
    Physics - Read the textbook and past papers

ReputationRep:
    Biology reading the textbook making notes watching videos so i understood it
    sociology didnt really revise much outside class just paid alot of attention in class and remembered alot of it ended up with an A* so would just say make sure you have organised notes and pay attention.
    Psychology this one is where even if you did pay attention there is so many names etc its almost impossible not to revise outside class so i had model answers and memorized them and ended up with an A.

ReputationRep:
    Biology- lots of past papers
    Geography- past questions and flashcards
    Geology- past papers and notes

ReputationRep:
    Sociology- Practice essays often and write essay plans for every question you can get hold of

Psychology- Revision cards with friends, mind maps, past paper questions, again lots of essay plans

Biology- Practice as many past papers as you can, keep reading over the text book throughout the year, revision cards were the most helpful for this subject!

Maths- Past paper questions- from your exam board but also solomon and international papers! Start maths past papers as early as you can!

For all subjects: If you don't understand something try to read it from as many different sources as you can e.g. if you don't understand how your textbook explains it try a video or a revision guide.

If anyone is wondering I achieved AAAB in these subjects at AS by using these revision techniques. If you want top grades make sure you start your revision early!

ReputationRep:
    10 days ago

ReputationRep:
    This title is such a great way of getting ppl to read and answer a pretty common and average question on tsr

I'm doing bio chem physics and maths

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Psychology, Scoiology, Biology and h&s and i have just started AS. i would appreciate any advice regarding my 3 writing and detailed subjects and also i wanted to know how to spend time revising equally for each subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilypickett)
    Sociology- Practice essays often and write essay plans for every question you can get hold of

Psychology- Revision cards with friends, mind maps, past paper questions, again lots of essay plans

Biology- Practice as many past papers as you can, keep reading over the text book throughout the year, revision cards were the most helpful for this subject!

Maths- Past paper questions- from your exam board but also solomon and international papers! Start maths past papers as early as you can!

For all subjects: If you don't understand something try to read it from as many different sources as you can e.g. if you don't understand how your textbook explains it try a video or a revision guide.

If anyone is wondering I achieved AAAB in these subjects at AS by using these revision techniques. If you want top grades make sure you start your revision early!
    Well done on your amazing grades, and i started school on the 6th if i start revising from this Monday so the 19th do you think that is considered early in the year>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    This title is such a great way of getting ppl to read and answer a pretty common and average question on tsr

I'm doing bio chem physics and maths
    A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freshstart123)
    Well done on your amazing grades, and i started school on the 6th if i start revising from this Monday so the 19th do you think that is considered early in the year>
    Thank you! Yes that's plenty of time- you don't need to do loads of work every day you just need to make sure you're maintaining what you've learnt so you're just brushing up on your weak areas come exam time. Good luck in your A-Levels

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.