Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate school but I like education Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like sciences but I hate learning science in school I am a theoretical person I feel school sucks out all my joy by doing experiments which do not benefit me and do not help improve my understanding.This causes frustration and makes me hate science I like science but school is contributing to my dislike of science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I like sciences
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    my dislike of science.
    make up your mind first, which overrides the other? It seems like you hate school more than you like science. You have to go to school anyway, so just enjoy the science you have :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your teacher has a purpose and intent in asking you to perform these experiments. It sounds as though you're using the "I'm a theoretical person" as an excuse. Theory arises from observation of the real world, so you'd better get used to that if you fancy yourself as a theorist. Developing new theory is genuinely exciting, but you have to sweat the little stuff first.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are missing the general point though, that school teaches some stuff which is utterly mundane and boring and not what some people ever plan to use in future life and it especially sucks if it's in a subject you enjoy.

All I can advise is that you pursue your interest outside of school as well and explore ideas that excite you to keep you interested.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.