GCSE Revision tips for History

Watch this thread
GraftTime
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Edexcel spec, good revision tips and tips to get A/A*
emmald583
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Use memrise/studystack/quizlet to learn dates - they are excellent tools and stop it from getting too boring.

I did AQA history, but I expect you'll have sources to analyse in your exams? If this is the case, ATTACK is an acronym which helps to make sure you cover everything (Audience, Time, Type, Author, Content, Knowledge). You should be able to use the first four topics (the provenance) there to determine the purpose of the source, and the other two to the analyse the source itself. Be careful though; although this makes sure your answer has structure, it has the potential to become very repetitive when you have a source with limited provenance.
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm assuming you're doing History A
For paper 1, learn the technique to answer every type of question. For 6 markers - 2/3 points each with development, For the last question - 3 PEAL paragraphs with a conclusion. Don't bother learning exact dates, just remember the years that things took place. For every event that takes place, learn a couple key specific facts (eg. How many soldiers did the USSR send to stop Hungarian Rev., Prague Spring etc.). Exam markers love when you refer to a clear specific piece of own knowledge like a number or quotation, it makes their job really easy (in giving you marks)

For paper 3, annotate the sources they give you before you start answering questions, just get practice analysing sources. Don't bother getting to detailed into the actual historical context, just learn some good facts that you can use for the Own Knowledge marks. Remember that it's a Source Paper, so their mainly testing your ability to analyse sources, but don't forget to include Own Knowledge where you need to. The 10 marker in paper 3 is very similar to paper 1.

For the CA, just don't **** up and you'll get an A* .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads