Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Greetham Street Halls - address?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I know this type of question has been answered again, but I had some trouble confirming the address of Greetham Street Halls in several websites' databases (i.e. my Bank / Amazon / forwarding mail accounting details).

So, these databases often use Royal Mail's postcode finder system, in order to correctly classify a customer/individual into their system (of course sometimes there is an option for manually entering your address), however since it is this time of the year where we declare our address on pretty much everywhere we set an account for, I would like to know which is our term address.

According to Unite-Students' website (link: http://www.unite-students.com/portsm...reetham-street ), the postcode is PO1 2BB (see picture)

Name:  unite.png
Views: 158
Size:  117.3 KB

However, according to Royal Mail's search (link: http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode ), the postcode is PO5 4FB (see picture)

Attachment 580746580748

So, at the end of the day, which is our actual postcode, in order to declare our address somewhere?

i.e.

Room X, Flat XXXX
    Unite Students,
    Greetham Street, Southsea
    Portsmouth
    PO1 2BB / PO5 4FB

Thanks in advance for your interest,

T
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

We are trying to confirm with Unite for you but it may be quicker for you to check at reception..you may already have done this so sorry if stating the obvious!

Will let you know what we hear back

Susan- Information Centre

(Original post by mtasiou)
    Hello guys,

I know this type of question has been answered again, but I had some trouble confirming the address of Greetham Street Halls in several websites' databases (i.e. my Bank / Amazon / forwarding mail accounting details).

So, these databases often use Royal Mail's postcode finder system, in order to correctly classify a customer/individual into their system (of course sometimes there is an option for manually entering your address), however since it is this time of the year where we declare our address on pretty much everywhere we set an account for, I would like to know which is our term address.

According to Unite-Students' website (link: http://www.unite-students.com/portsm...reetham-street ), the postcode is PO1 2BB (see picture)

Name:  unite.png
Views: 158
Size:  117.3 KB

However, according to Royal Mail's search (link: http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode ), the postcode is PO5 4FB (see picture)

Attachment 580746580748

So, at the end of the day, which is our actual postcode, in order to declare our address somewhere?

i.e.

Room X, Flat XXXX
    Unite Students,
    Greetham Street, Southsea
    Portsmouth
    PO1 2BB / PO5 4FB

Thanks in advance for your interest,

T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UoP InfoCentre)
    Hi there,

We are trying to confirm with Unite for you but it may be quicker for you to check at reception..you may already have done this so sorry if stating the obvious!

Will let you know what we hear back

Susan- Information Centre
    Hi update from Greatham Street...odd as it sounds there are two postcodes that work in this building,..it seems that the location straddles two postcode areas

You can use either
    PO1 2BB
    PO5 4LJ
    Mail for either of these postcodes is arriving safely we have been
    advised.
    Susan
    Information Centre

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.