The Student Room Group

English

Hello !
English isn't my first language (I'm french) and my level is very bad. (I go to this forum to make me to write in english)
I have written a short text for practise. If you have time, your corrections are welcome !

If you want I also can help you for french :h: !

During holidays, I like to walk in mountain and forest. The landscapes are very beautiful at the top of mountains ! There are mist like clouds floating above ferns and fresh air makes you feel alive. Ponys and sheeps makes ring their bells which each steps, then the atmosphere is so relaxing... I have already travel in the Massif Central and the Pyrenees but my dream is the Scotland's mountainous areas.

If you want the french translation : Pendant mes vacances, j'aime marcher en montagne et en forêt. En haut des sommets, les paysages sont magnifiques ! Il y a de la brume, comme des nuages flottant sur les fougères et l'air frais vous fait sentir vivant ! Les poneys et les moutons font sonner leurs cloches à chacun de leurs pas, cela rend l'atmosphère si relaxante... J'ai déjà voyagé au Massif Central et dans les Pyrénées mais mon rêve est d'aller dans les montagnes écossaises.

Thank you and nice day !
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Un Français! Moi j'suis Québécois, alors c'est presque pareil. BIenvenue sur TheStudentRoom!

Cela dit, il y a quelques erreurs dans ton texte:
During holidays, I like to walk in mountain and forest (I enjoy mountain and forest hiking).
The landscapes are very beautiful at the top of mountains (summits [sinon "en haut des sommets" est un pléonasme])!
There are mist (There is mist) like clouds floating above ferns, and the fresh air makes you feel alive.
Ponys (Ponies [en règle générale, le pluriel de noms finissant en -y s'accordent en -ies]) and sheeps (sheep [c'est déjà au pluriel (invariable), comme fish]) makes ring (ring [le make ne s'emploie pas ma mémoire en tout cas) devant un autre verbe en anglais]) their bells (chaque animal a plusieurs cloches? Si non, on dirait their bell) which (with [which veut plutôt dire "ce qui [peut]..." dans which can be..., ou "lequel [de ces]" dans which of these students]) each steps (step [après each, le nom doit être singulier. Each of the animals are... serait correct par contre]) , then (which makes [then voudrait dire "alors", tandis que which makes veut dire "ce qui rend"]) the atmosphere so relaxing...
I have already travel (traveled/travelled [c'est un verbe au future perfect, et il y a la notion de stressed syllable qui vient définir pourquoi on double ou non la consonne]) in the Massif Central and the Pyrenees, but my dream is the (peut-être changer the pour: to visit) Scotland's mountainous areas.

Corrigé:
During holidays, I enjoy mountain and forest hiking. The landscapes are very beautiful at the summits! There is mist like clouds floating above ferns, and the fresh air makes you feel alive. Ponies and sheep ring their bells with each step , which makes the atmosphere so relaxing... I have already travelled in the Massif Central and the Pyrenees, but my dream is to visit Scotland's mountainous areas.
Pleased to meet you, MartyO :smile: Yes, this is almost the same, we share the same language ! :biggrin: The Atlantic Ocean is powerless faced with french language x)

Thank you very much for your correction !! Your explanation are very helpful !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending