Maintenance Loan delayed?

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Previously, I was scheduled to receive a maintenance loan, through Student Finance, on Monday. The loan amount has changed, though it no longer tells me the date of my payments.I called Student Finance, more than once, and have been told that Kingston University has to send a confirmation of enrolment (or something along these lines), which is often done during Freshers' Week, before my payment is sent (which can take up to 48 hours to confirm).My timetable, for Induction Week, states that my enrolment won't be completed until Friday. Does this mean I won't get any of my student loans until the actual week my lessons are supposed to start?? Because that's a bit ludicrous, and I am wondering if I will have any luck in speeding this up, if I speak to someone on Monday, at the start of the Induction Week?I don't mean to be funny, but this isn't really making me feel good at all. I don't have the money to get any of my student gear. Unless I can have this sorted sooner than the week of actual lessons it would make a lot more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitreia)
    Hi,Previously, I was scheduled to receive a maintenance loan, through Student Finance, on Monday. The loan amount has changed, though it no longer tells me the date of my payments.I called Student Finance, more than once, and have been told that Kingston University has to send a confirmation of enrolment (or something along these lines), which is often done during Freshers' Week, before my payment is sent (which can take up to 48 hours to confirm).My timetable, for Induction Week, states that my enrolment won't be completed until Friday. Does this mean I won't get any of my student loans until the actual week my lessons are supposed to start?? Because that's a bit ludicrous, and I am wondering if I will have any luck in speeding this up, if I speak to someone on Monday, at the start of the Induction Week?I don't mean to be funny, but this isn't really making me feel good at all. I don't have the money to get any of my student gear. Unless I can have this sorted sooner than the week of actual lessons it would make a lot more sense.
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear this has happened. From my own experience and I have asked around you won't get you finance until you have enrolled as student finance has to have confirmation you are at the uni. Here is a link to our finical help page at Kingston Uni http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...ng/contact-us/ they will be able to help you with any financial help. Hope you get this all sorted

Emily
    Student ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitreia)
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you and I'm going to kingston as well
    i didn't get into the university i originally thought i was going to so i had to update the information my student finance application when i got made an offer from kingston, now my application has gone back to pending and i have no idea when I'm going get my maintenance loan. its stressful not having money to buy things in preparation
    I'm studying nursing by the way what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose there isn't much I can do, though it could be worse.Abigail: Sorry to hear you're in this situation also, though have you tried calling Student Finance? I'm surprised they aren't sick of my calls by now if I'm honest, though they have been rather helpful in informing me of my fee status and reconfirming parts of the online account page. If you sign into the Student Finance service, it should have an option near the top for 'payments', there you would see your scheduled payments and the status codes. If your payments have the status 'approved', from what I've been told we should be able to receive our maintenance loans some number of days after the enrolment (the date of which I think differs for each course? Someone correct me on this please).It still is a bit of a wait, as honestly I had expected the payment some time this week, though I have some theories that seem to make sense of it all (as frustrating as it is).Oh and, I'm studying History

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.