Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So im currently in A2 studying chemistry, physics and maths with mechanics but honestly I don't know what to apply for in university after getting my grades (CDDD). The highest ill now get predicted is CCC which isnt good enough for most universities to do what I would like to do, was hoping someone could give me an insight as to what I could possibly still do and at what universities considering I was looking to go into dentistry or engineering, THANKS!

    Best option IMO is still apply this year to give you experience with the application procedures, but rely on adjustment (where you can go to better universities if you do better than expected on results day) or reapply the year after with better grades.

    If you don't do better this year and get the grades for the universities you would like then it might be best to not take a gap year and instead just go to the lower universities you applied to this year, or just not go to uni.

    im in the same boat as you, i got CCCD but im relying on doing well (hopefully) in a2 and apply via adjustment or if i dont get any offers then i'll apply the following year
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.