Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just started college - and I am studying English Language & Literature, Maths with Stats, French and Chemistry. After realising Chemistry does not really relate to my career aspiration (and I don't enjoy it anyway) I think I'm going to drop it. Would I still have a chance of being able to study an undergraduate degree in English at Cambridge if I only had three A-levels? I got 8A* and 2A at GCSE. This is just so I know whether to actually consider Cambridge or not ?thanks !

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    You only need 3 A-Levels to do an undergrad in English at Cambridge, A*AA.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ourses/english

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you will. The usual requirements for English are three A-levels at A*AA.

Don't worry that many other students will be taking four A-levels. The general entrance requirements page says:

Applicants taking four subjects won't normally be at an advantage compared with those taking three
    You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reader 79)
    Yes, you will. The usual requirements for English are three A-levels at A*AA.

Don't worry that many other students will be taking four A-levels. The general entrance requirements page says:

You'll be fine
    (Original post by garlandofpearl)
    You only need 3 A-Levels to do an undergrad in English at Cambridge, A*AA.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ourses/english
    Thanks guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.