The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

What is the Teaching Like?

I'll be applying to my universities soon and Birmingham is firmly my first choice, however, I haven't really spoken to many students to hear what they have to say about the teaching. I am applying to Biological Sciences MSci and was a bit shocked to read somewhere that only 27% of your time is spent in lectures- is this pretty low? If anyone is doing a science at UoB can you let me know what your average week is like? How many hours are you in lectures and do the teachers seem to want to teach you or do they care more about their own research? Thanks!
Reply 1
I want to study the same wooo! I was looking on the uni site and found this:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/biosciences/teaching/index.aspx

It says you have 10-12 lectures and 1-2 lab sessions per week and regular tutorials
Hope that helps :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by sopjoe
I want to study the same wooo! I was looking on the uni site and found this:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/biosciences/teaching/index.aspx

It says you have 10-12 lectures and 1-2 lab sessions per week and regular tutorials
Hope that helps :smile:

That link really cleared some things up for me, thank you! You're applying for Biological Sciences MSci too? Good luck! Hope you get in :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by EmmaL.AM
That link really cleared some things up for me, thank you! You're applying for Biological Sciences MSci too? Good luck! Hope you get in :smile:

No problem :smile:
Yeah I think the MSci is what I really want to do. Where else are you thinking of applying?
Reply 4
Original post by sopjoe
No problem :smile:
Yeah I think the MSci is what I really want to do. Where else are you thinking of applying?

Hopefully I'll see you in my class next year if we're both successful! I'm also applying to Aston, Worcester, Reading and Wolverhampton (as a major fall back). Yourself?
Reply 5
Original post by EmmaL.AM
Hopefully I'll see you in my class next year if we're both successful! I'm also applying to Aston, Worcester, Reading and Wolverhampton (as a major fall back). Yourself?

I applied to Birmingham, Nottingham, Warwick, Manchester and Oxford. Pretty sure I'll firm Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending