Biology in clearing Watch

jlm7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey guys does anybody have any ideas based on experience or just speculation about roughly how much uni's drop their entry requirements by in clearing? i want to do straight c100 biology at the best uni possibly with grades of BCD, any ideas? I know the grades aren't good thats why i didn't apply in the normal UCAS cycle i was hoping to have a better chance in clearing.
:confused:
Would be good to hear from people that entered through clearing last year as well!

Thanks
User69701
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Many people who apply for bio through clearing have relatively high grades. Many were hoping to do medicine but missed out. BCD is good enough to go through clearing, in fact it is very good and will put you on very good grounding. Biology (C100) is less popular than biomedical, biochem and other funny variants, but still has many medic hopefuls using it as a means of graduate entry.

I was under the impression that you had to apply to UCAS to use clearing. This might not be the case anymore, but you should check it out.
jlm7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
ooh thats a bit more hopeful than the reply i got in another thread, thanks for replying! Yeah i was thinking about all the med candidates missing their offers, but then i was thinking theres always the flip side of med people holding bio/biomed offers as insurance then meeting their med offers?!
I've emailed a few places so just need to sit tight and wait til results day i guess!
krazykaz
Report 11 years ago
hi thismorning i phoned napier university as i completly failed my higher human biology and therefore hadn't met my conditional at heriot watt they were quite happy to take me with my previos hnc for animal bio so you shouldn;t have any problems

herriet watt did however inform me by email they were still going to accept me and as it was my first choice thats where im going so you never know

good luck
kasias
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The clearing for Scottish unis goes up on the 8th. Don't know where you're goung but it might give you some sort of idea of what sort of grades it'll be.
Student2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jlm7)
Hey guys does anybody have any ideas based on experience or just speculation about roughly how much uni's drop their entry requirements by in clearing? i want to do straight c100 biology at the best uni possibly with grades of BCD, any ideas? I know the grades aren't good thats why i didn't apply in the normal UCAS cycle i was hoping to have a better chance in clearing.
Would be good to hear from people that entered through clearing last year as well!

Thanks
K this is rather late but I got in to Biology through Clearing last week- at Royal Holloway- though I actually did meet their offer(ABB), they have still lowered their requirements all the way down to CCD :eek: I beleive there may still be vacancies(unless youve already been accepted somewhere seeing as ur post is over a wk old lol) but if youre still looking, ring them up, you stand a pretty good chance with ur grades. :cool: Good luck
Eubacterium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jlm7)

Thanks
I met someone who got on the biology course at UEA with BCE via clearing. I don't recommend it though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.56%
No (523)
72.44%

Watched Threads