Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

First time poster so please be kind!

I've just confirmed my place at uni..I've applied through clearing...

I applied for student finance and have a few questions?

Firstly, I haven't been asked to send any evidence? Is this because I gave them a passport number and a national insurance number?

Second, I've sent back the signed declaration and will be enrolling Monday or Tuesday, does anyone have a rough estimate of when I may get my first payment?

Finally does anyone know roughly how much the first maintenance loan payment is? I know I qualified for the maximum?

Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't mean to panic you- but for next year it would be wise to sort out student finance waayyyyyy in advance. Like, July latest (from my experience). Seeing as you have just sent back your declaration form, it would probably take at least a month (I think it says on the form it takes around 6 weeks) to process your details. And then they'll ask you for you and your parents "evidence". They are a notoriously slow company- so if you've only just started your application, i'd probably say you would only get your money at the middle of term at the earliest. Again, this is only what I remember after having to deal with them for the past 3 years so it might well be different for you or work differently. And for the last payment, you should get ~£1000 (you get three payments throughout the year, the first two are the same amount and then the last one is less).

Hope this helps, and you get your money asap
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijbarker90)
    Hi,

First time poster so please be kind!

I've just confirmed my place at uni..I've applied through clearing...

I applied for student finance and have a few questions?

Firstly, I haven't been asked to send any evidence? Is this because I gave them a passport number and a national insurance number?

Second, I've sent back the signed declaration and will be enrolling Monday or Tuesday, does anyone have a rough estimate of when I may get my first payment?

Finally does anyone know roughly how much the first maintenance loan payment is? I know I qualified for the maximum?

Thanks everyone!
    Give them a call, doesn't sound right that they didn't ask for any evidence.

If you haven't had your payment schedule yet, I would expect that you ll get it on time I m afraid, could be at least a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Give them a call, doesn't sound right that they didn't ask for any evidence.

If you haven't had your payment schedule yet, I would expect that you ll get it on time I m afraid, could be at least a few weeks.

Okay, thank you for your reply, i'll give them a call on Monday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.