To kill a mocking bird
    Guitar girl
    Go set a watchmen

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot, but if I had to choose three it would probably be:

As I lay Dying - Faulkner
    The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - McCullers
    Anna Karenina - Tolstoy

I couldn't say which of those I prefer though.

ReputationRep:
    50 shades of gray
    it's the most multi-functional book i've ever seen
    you can read it
    if you've got the whole series and you're short, you can use it to reach the top shelf
    it's also kinda like a joke book; like, you can open it randomly and read stuff out loud to people and they're gonna laugh
    it makes you feel better about yourself
    it gives aspiring writers hope that they may become successful even if they suck
    it gives fanfiction writers hope
    it has helped the sex toy industry a lot
    surprising as it may seem, it helped some women become more confident in bed
    and their partners were hopefully grateful for that
    if you're shy and don't really like being around people, you can always pretend to read it in public and you can be sure no one's gonna approach you
    you can use it as toilet paper
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Favourites:Chaos Walking Trilogy
    The Curious incident of the dog in the night time
    Eragon (inheritance trilogy)
    Would recommend any of these!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    50 shades of grey
    it's the most multi-functional book i've ever seen
    you can read it
    if you've got the whole series and you're short, you can use it to reach the top shelf
    it's also kinda like a joke book; like, you can open it randomly and read stuff out loud to people and they're gonna laugh
    it makes you feel better about yourself
    it gives aspiring writers hope that they may become successful even if they suck
    it gives fanfiction writers hope
    it has helped the sex toy industry a lot
    surprising as it may seem, it helped some women become more confident in bed
    and their partners were hopefully grateful for that
    if you're shy and don't really like being around people, you can always pretend to read it in public and you can be sure no one's gonna approach you
    you can use it as toilet paper
    :rofl: Great answers especially like the ones about being short and toilet paper

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much any Iain M Banks or Stephen King.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is Salems Lot by Stephen King. Its a book I have loved from childhood and no matter how many times I have read it, it still grips me and makes me scared to sleep at night I'm a big fan of his other books but that one has always stood out for me. I would recommend the book to anyone else who loves horror. The film adaptation from the 70s is good but a lot has changed from the book. I long for the day someone makes a true adaptation of the book into a movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    My favourite is Salems Lot by Stephen King. Its a book I have loved from childhood and no matter how many times I have read it, it still grips me and makes me scared to sleep at night I'm a big fan of his other books but that one has always stood out for me. I would recommend the book to anyone else who loves horror. The film adaptation from the 70s is good but a lot has changed from the book. I long for the day someone makes a true adaptation of the book into a movie
    PRSOM, he is a total genius isn't he?

ReputationRep:
    Tom Clancy's books are usually great. Red Storm Rising is certainly up there with the best if you like your Cold War themed techno thrillers.
    John Birmingham does some interesting alternate/altered history books, especially his Axis of Time series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    :rofl: Great answers especially like the ones about being short and toilet paper
    thanks=))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikiniikilll)
    My favorites are
    To kill a mocking bird
    Guitar girl
    Go set a watchmen
    Red rising (all time fav book!!!) also golden son and morning star
    GoT books
    Ready Player One
    LOTR trilogy books
    Dunk and Egg short stories
    Harry potter books

ReputationRep:
    ''Brave New World'' by A. Huxley
    Doing it for A2 Eng lit coursework, but it's amazing for just reading.

ReputationRep:
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

ReputationRep:
    Blood Meridian is my personal favourite, anything from Camus is worth checking out.

ReputationRep:
    His dark materials trilogy by philip paulman

ReputationRep:
    Would definitely recommend the Noughts&Crosses series by Malorie Blackman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!)
    Red rising (all time fav book!!!) also golden son and morning star
    GoT books
    Ready Player One
    LOTR trilogy books
    Dunk and Egg short stories
    Harry potter books
    have you read the Silmarillion by any chance. just asking because I saw LOTR in your list.

Anything by Isaac Asimov, especially the Foundation series
    Anything by Ray Bradbury, especially Fahrenheit 451
    Anything by Robert Harris, especially Imperium
    Anything by Michael Crichton, especially The Andromeda Strain (Jurassic Park is alright too, I guess)
    Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
    2001, and Rendezvous with Rama, by Arthur C Clarke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed sajid)
    have you read the Silmarillion by any chance. just asking because I saw LOTR in your list.
    Started it in first year, but 3yrs later still haven't finished it. I've got a general idea about how middle earth was made and Morgoth/Saurons role etc. Just don't have time to read it with uni and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Bit off topic, anyone addicted to audiobooks before bed? Any good recommendations?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.