How much can clearing grades drop by? Watch

akmd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jlm7)
Well i want to stay in England so i've ruled out Aberdeen, Glasgow etc.. Also not really keen on London so that rules QM out. I shouldn't really be this fussy i know, beggars can't be choosers!

Kellywood thanks, i wasn't sure BBB universitites would be worth looking at? as, from what i've seen, places like Lancaster, Warwick & Southampton are BBB and obviously i'd never get in there lol.
Thanks for your input as well though!
In that case, Kent, Hull and Keele are probably your best bets. But as kw2005 said, try unis that normally ask for BBB. If Lancaster are very flexible with requirements, you might have a good chance of getting in.

Take my case for example. I got into a BBB course with CC! And I was applying for History, which is a more competitive subject than Biology.
jlm7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'll start emailing tomorrow i think! Thanks for all the help, i'll rep but i've already done it once today so i'll have to do it tomorrow
akmd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No problem at all. Let us know how you got on.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jlm7)
Kellywood thanks, i wasn't sure BBB universitites would be worth looking at? as, from what i've seen, places like Lancaster, Warwick & Southampton are BBB and obviously i'd never get in there lol.
Thanks for your input as well though!
Never say never :p: It would still be worth phoning them and asking. All they can do is say no, which means you won't have lost anything, and they might surprise you and say yes. I don't know about Warwick or Southampton, but I don't think Lancaster are too fuusy.
akmd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Never say never :p: It would still be worth phoning them and asking. All they can do is say no, which means you won't have lost anything, and they might surprise you and say yes. I don't know about Warwick or Southampton, but I don't think Lancaster are too fuusy.
I can attest to that. I phoned several unis before applying about my chances and some of them asked me to email them with more details about my grades, my background, why I want to do their course etc. I eventually got an offer from Goldsmiths and took it despite the fact my grades were well below the standard entry requirements. You will never for sure unless you ask!
jlm7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Grrrr no joy yet with any of these uni's they're not giving much away til results day! i've checked the scottish clearing vacancies just out of curiosity and there seems to be plenty of bio vacancies, hopefully it'll be the same next thursday...
akmd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You'll get into one of those places. Just keep trying.
Agamemnon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by akmd)
Here are some unis that accept 240 points:

Aberdeen
Bangor
Glasgow
Hull
Keele
Stirling
Keep in mind that the Scottish universities have a four year undergraduate course (so consider whether you want to do an extra year). They normally ask for higher grades for second-year entry and there is some catching up to do.
kmtd
Report 10 years ago
I'm thinking about dropping out of the university I am currently at.

Would it be possible to get into the clearing process?

Finally, does anyone know any Uni's which offer Geography or Business courses with 280 UCAS points?
juicyfruit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kmtd)
I'm thinking about dropping out of the university I am currently at.

Would it be possible to get into the clearing process?

Finally, does anyone know any Uni's which offer Geography or Business courses with 280 UCAS points?
I think Plymouth do: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/pages/dyna...search&level=u

http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/pages/dyna...search&level=u
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.26%
No - I got the required grades (109)
59.24%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.5%

Watched Threads