Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Should I apply to Edinburgh, with A2 retakes, or not? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I checked on the UoE website and it said it'd prefer students who hadn't taken resits but would consider them.
    I'm not sure whether it would be worth me applying or not.
    I plan to take a few resits during my gap year to bring my results for bio,chem and maths up to AAA, at least. AAA is what I'd be predicted on my UCAS form. I'm applying for chemical engineering and have done quite a lot of things related to the course and extracurricular stuff. I'm also from a low income household (..not sure if they give any contextual offers or not?). I contacted the admissions team but haven't heard back yet. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone thinks there'd be any point in applying here or not?

ReputationRep:
    There are no accidents; point is everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xalipha)
    There are no accidents; point is everywhere.
    I'm a little confused by what you mean. Do you think I would have a chance of getting an offer? I don't want to set myself up for a rejection aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy9898)
    Hi,I checked on the UoE website and it said it'd prefer students who hadn't taken resits but would consider them.
    I plan to take a few resits during my gap year to bring my results for bio,chem and maths up to AAA, at least. AAA is what I'd be predicted on my UCAS form. I'm applying for chemical engineering and have done quite a lot of things related to the course and extracurricular stuff. I'm also from a low income household (..not sure if they give any contextual offers or not?). I contacted the admissions team but haven't heard back yet. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone thinks there'd be any point in applying here or not?
    Apply. My cousin got BBB after retaking her A levels and still got into Ed to study psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lime-jelly)
    Apply. My cousin got BBB after retaking her A levels and still got into Ed to study psychology.
    Oh that's great! Do you mind me asking what grades she needed for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy9898)
    I would say do not to waste a place on your options as they dont take retakes unless your predicted A* in maths A in chem A in Bio so you would be better of to apply to places like manchester nottingham surrey ucl loughbourgh sheffeild which always accept retakes without an issue

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.