Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

your good intentions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I had all these good intentions I'll study hard and not watch tv too much that the of thing when i went to uni I remember thinking to myself "I won't go out if i have an early lecture the next day" I of course broke that weta kind of things did you guys think then do.

For me it ended up like i will go out even if i have a 9 O'clock lecture and I did every single time.

ReputationRep:
    *does some proper exercise*
    *thinks "hey this is alright, I'll do this regularly from now on. Preferably daily, at least a few times a week" *
    *does nothing for a few weeks*
    *repeats*
    As to uni, I generally intended to start revision way earlier than I did. Worked out alright but yeah. Sometimes my good intentions were met...like I went to pool one night, had an exam the following day I knew very little for, I convinced myself I'd wake up a few hours earlier (5am or so) to go over definitions and such, and I did. Got like 78 or something.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm going to go to all my lectures, and make perfect Pinterest-worthy colour-coordinated notes using highlighters and organised folders."

A few weeks later:

*Gets up nice and early*
    Hmm. Not in the mood for lecture.
    But no excuse not to go...
    Hmm. Dilemma.
    *Gets dressed*
    *Spends extra long straightening hair perfectly, putting make-up on, taking lots of time, intentionally never looking at clock.*
    "OH NO WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, I'M GOING TO BE LATE NOW, I WILL HAVE TO STAY HOME."

By the second week into second year I gave up the pretence entirely and just didn't even attempt to go in.

(*Note: I prefer being on my own. I had all my lecture notes written up, readings (required and recommended) done and essays started weeks in advance so was always ahead of schedule. I think I went to around 6 lectures in second year, and 4 in final year. I just taught myself at home using online journals and Google Scholar instead. So it's not as bad as it sounds... )

ReputationRep:

yep I used to study so hard in year 7-9, and then stopped around year 10 to now :lol:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.