UKCAT practice

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I am international student (gap year) applying this year to med schools in the uk. I did IB and i got a great score (40 points) which really opens a lot of med school choices for me in the uk however, I have been practising the ukcat for about a month and i started doing practice mocks today from the ukcat website, i used kaplan and modify as my main resources and they had helped me a lot in my preparation for the ukcat nevertheless i have been getting low scores on the official mock exams, especially on ar and qr which are my best of modify and kaplan, so is the ukcat mock a good represntative of the real thing? cause its just horrible for me

ReputationRep:
    Most people say (and that was definitely my opinion) that the official mocks are harder than the real thing. My scores in them ranged from bad to low average and I was really worried about QR and AR, but ended up getting 850 and 730 in them respectively on the day. Try not to worry about it before the test and do your best, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Most people say (and that was definitely my opinion) that the official mocks are harder than the real thing. My scores in them ranged from bad to low average and I was really worried about QR and AR, but ended up getting 850 and 730 in them respectively on the day. Try not to worry about it before the test and do your best, you'll be fine
    Hi! Im sitting my UKCAT on friday. Just did the UKCAT practice A and didn't do too well so its good to hear there's still hope!
    The QR questions on the practice were mostly tables and very wordy leaving me little to no time to do each question so I ended up guessing the majority of the section.
    Did you find the real one like that?
    Also what kind of calculations were there? mainly percentages?

Thanks for any help! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keenbean23)
    Hi! Im sitting my UKCAT on friday. Just did the UKCAT practice A and didn't do too well so its good to hear there's still hope!
    The QR questions on the practice were mostly tables and very wordy leaving me little to no time to do each question so I ended up guessing the majority of the section.
    Did you find the real one like that?
    Also what kind of calculations were there? mainly percentages?

Thanks for any help! x
    Ah no, not at all. I think I had like one or two QR questions that had really long and complicated tables, and I guessed my way through them. Most were really simple and easy to read. I did my test a couple of months ago so I don't remember exactly, but the calculations are mainly really basic (division, multiplication, adding things together, percentages etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Ah no, not at all. I think I had like one or two QR questions that had really long and complicated tables, and I guessed my way through them. Most were really simple and easy to read. I did my test a couple of months ago so I don't remember exactly, but the calculations are mainly really basic (division, multiplication, adding things together, percentages etc.)
    Ah ok that's really good to know. Literally just finished the official mock B and did even worse! So worried about it now. :cry2:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.