Sayf E Ghenaiet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For my GCSE's i got ABBBBCCCC and a double distinction in engineering. I would like to go to one of the top 10 universities to study economics and would like a career in investment banking. If i get 4A's or A*'s in a level will this be possible, will they forget about my GCSE's if i get very good a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes. Smash your A-Levels, write a good personal statement and an outstanding performance at interview and you'll be good for Economics.
DamnDaniel2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sayf E Ghenaiet)
For my GCSE's i got ABBBBCCCC and a double distinction in engineering. I would like to go to one of the top 10 universities to study economics and would like a career in investment banking. If i get 4A's or A*'s in a level will this be possible, will they forget about my GCSE's if i get very good a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh that's fine! GCSEs are normally used for things like insight days for investment banking and that's about it! I think you need at least AAB to not get filtered out of some banks obviously exceeding that won't do any harm so focus on ur studies and make sure you get work experiences etc!

Also a user on TSR called 'thegr8wizard' has got a job offer in an investment bank and had gotten a D in geography so yes it's possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sayf E Ghenaiet
Rep:
?
I only ask as ppl from top unis have like 10 A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sayf E Ghenaiet
Rep:
?
I also found 2 investment banking work experience on in bank of england and one in ucl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
SOME people - not all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads