The Student Room Group

What is the best university for CS with ABB

I'm predicting that I will get ABB at A Level. I was wondering what, in your opinion ,are the best universities with these sort of grades for undergrad computer science? I am primarily concerned with quality of teaching / reputation. Currently I'm looking at York and maybe Loughborough but I'm interested in what other people think.
Why don't you go on the completeuniversityguide website, where you can get rankings and compare universities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BasedG69
I'm predicting that I will get ABB at A Level. I was wondering what, in your opinion ,are the best universities with these sort of grades for undergrad computer science? I am primarily concerned with quality of teaching / reputation. Currently I'm looking at York and maybe Loughborough but I'm interested in what other people think.

KCL, Liverpool and Kent are AAB.

Other than that:
UEA, Swansea, Reading, Sussex, QMUL, Cardiff, Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Princepieman
KCL, Liverpool and Kent are AAB.

Other than that:
UEA, Swansea, Reading, Sussex, QMUL, Cardiff, Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, Newcastle is AAB I believe :wink:
Reply 4
I would also consider Exeter, Royal Holloway and Surrey.

My son was very impressed with Royal Holloway and with predicted grades of A*A*A* could potentially go for any of the Russell Universities but will be putting Royal Holloway down as his insurance choice. Visiting a University is a big part of the decision process. Don't just go by the league tables. It has to feel right.

Loughborough would be a good choice but with your grades may not be an option.
Original post by BasedG69

Pretty much any university is open to you unless it's the obvious top 5/10 (e.g london, oxbridge and odd ones like durham manch and birmingham

York you would have to do interview and make sure your prepared
I saw pretty much every uni in clearing for compsci this year so don't worry too much about getting in, more achieving the grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending