Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting that I will get ABB at A Level. I was wondering what, in your opinion ,are the best universities with these sort of grades for undergrad computer science? I am primarily concerned with quality of teaching / reputation. Currently I'm looking at York and maybe Loughborough but I'm interested in what other people think.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go on the completeuniversityguide website, where you can get rankings and compare universities

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasedG69)
    I'm predicting that I will get ABB at A Level. I was wondering what, in your opinion ,are the best universities with these sort of grades for undergrad computer science? I am primarily concerned with quality of teaching / reputation. Currently I'm looking at York and maybe Loughborough but I'm interested in what other people think.
    KCL, Liverpool and Kent are AAB.

Other than that:
    UEA, Swansea, Reading, Sussex, QMUL, Cardiff, Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    KCL, Liverpool and Kent are AAB.

Other than that:
    UEA, Swansea, Reading, Sussex, QMUL, Cardiff, Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also, Newcastle is AAB I believe

ReputationRep:
    I would also consider Exeter, Royal Holloway and Surrey.

My son was very impressed with Royal Holloway and with predicted grades of A*A*A* could potentially go for any of the Russell Universities but will be putting Royal Holloway down as his insurance choice. Visiting a University is a big part of the decision process. Don't just go by the league tables. It has to feel right.

Loughborough would be a good choice but with your grades may not be an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasedG69)
    Pretty much any university is open to you unless it's the obvious top 5/10 (e.g london, oxbridge and odd ones like durham manch and birmingham

York you would have to do interview and make sure your prepared
    I saw pretty much every uni in clearing for compsci this year so don't worry too much about getting in, more achieving the grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.