The Student Room Group

Boris Johnson: Accusations of racism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6931359.stm

Now I'm the last person on earth to support a Tory, but I do not believe for a minute that Boris Johnson is a racist. The comments referred to were made satirically and sarcastically, not as actual terms of abuse. Anybody who has read his books or watched him on TV will know that accusations of racism are pretty uninformed. I dislike his politics, obviously, but I also feel the need to defend his reputation as a politician. Everyone who knows me knows I am fiercely anti-racism, but Boris is just not a racist! For example, when he refers to the "big white chief" it is Tony Blair's 'farewell tour' he is attacking, not the people involved. I feel it is pretty pathetic to manipulate things he has said and to take them out of context for political points-scoring. I very much hope he loses the election, but I also value democracy too much to have any time for these shameful tactics.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yet another unfounded smearage campaign. Notice how the thin and badly interpreted evidence of racism is quickly extrapolated to the Tory Party at large?

Bravo, Bravo! This shall surely gain the confidence of the electorate. Sad they have picked such a well-liked figure, I have the feeling the backlash will be directed at the two MP's in question rather than Boris!
Good 'ole Boris.
Reply 3
TML
Good 'ole Boris.

Ahh Boris :p:. When will you learn, you can't have a joke, you're a politician! Everything you say can and will be used against you in the court of the media merry-go-round!
Reply 4
Boris is so fine...
Reply 5
What a load of tosh. Dianne Abbot should be ashamed of herself, fat waste of space.

Why do I get the impression that these people are selling out their race for political advantage?
Reply 6
Someone needs to get a sense of humor.
Reply 7
Libertin du Nord
What a load of tosh. Dianne Abbot should be ashamed of herself, fat waste of space.

Why do I get the impression that these people are selling out their race for political advantage?

Dianne Abbot is a really annoying, stupid bitch. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
empfrench
Dianne Abbot is a really annoying, stupid bitch. :rolleyes:

I actually like her views. She seems quite sensible.
Reply 9

She seems quite stupid and stoned most of the time. She is always smiling benignly at people who are trying to make a serious point, and drags the debate down to the level of a childish discussion. Ugghh. She just lowers the tone. And she sent her kids to private school. How very left wing of her.
Reply 10

I don't generally dislike her, but this is very dirty politics.
Reply 11
:laugh: ... not many fans of Diane Abbott on here!

It is absurd though, no one seriously believes that Boris Johnson is a racist. These are political tactics of the lowest kind.
Reply 12
Who cares. Labour are doing what Labour are soooo renowned for. Dirty tricks. Some whip has got black female London MPs to call Boris racist, i.e. Save London from the Tories at whatever cost. Labour is a dirt dirty party, always has been.

As for Abbot, she's a complete inarticulate over-sensitive dunce anyway.
It doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, Boris will find a way to offend you somehow (if you are the sort to be offended).

So i don't think he is racist, but whether this makes a good mayor of london is a different question.
Reply 14
if at all, wouldnt he be "racist" in the same way as usual british public school racism seems to be? ie. more prince phillip style than nick griffin :p:
Reply 15
Thud
if at all, wouldnt he be "racist" in the same way as usual british public school racism seems to be? ie. more prince phillip style than nick griffin :p:

And how exactly, is Philip racist? Without using your little google-tool, give me serious examples as quick as you can.....i'll be waiting...
Reply 16
Astor
Labour is a dirt dirty party, always has been.

As for Abbot, she's a complete inarticulate over-sensitive dunce anyway.

So you're not a Labour supporter then?

I think you're being unduly harsh on the Labour party.
Reply 17
Boris isn't rascist, he freely admits he may well be slightly prejedice...its statisticly mroe likely that you'll be mugged by black youths than any other group etc etc.
and that picture they ahve of Boris is....yum
Reply 18
So you're not a Labour supporter then?

I think you're being unduly harsh on the Labour party.

No mate....I would sooner see a Lib Dem government than them slimy slithering slugs.....This is the latest of a serious of dirty tricks orchestrated by that outdated socalist propagandist party.
Reply 19
Eru Iluvatar
It doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, Boris will find a way to offend you somehow (if you are the sort to be offended).

So i don't think he is racist, but whether this makes a good mayor of london is a different question.

I agree, but he has to get his act together. Especially if he has aspirations for higher office, such as office of the Mayor of London.

We live in a pluralist society, and the climate is too sensitive for people who don't think before they talk to occupy an important position in the public arena.

Latest

Trending

Trending