Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

indecisive about law at uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in studying law at Southampton university however i have been told by many people that law is a dull and dry subject. I wanted to know whether this is true or not ??

Also i have been advised to look at courses such as international relations or politics which will help me find a career path in to a cooperate or commercial role ...
    • Very Important Poster

Depends. If you like it then it can be a lot of fun. It offers a career path for many different personalities and over different areas. it is very competitive though. Are the people telling you law graduates ?

Cant really see why a politcis degree or international relations is going to help you any more?

Pergaps do some research. I wouldnt rely just on asking a few questions on here.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you want a corporate/commercial role, Economics or Maths is likely to be much more helpful in terms of having a wide variety of options.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.