feel like im gonna have a breakdown

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

im probably going to regret this thread.
    idk why im making it.
    just want reassurance and no-one is about to do that and doubt they will be.
    spoken to ppl inrl
    they haven't sorted it, deep down i still feel erratic and im like im gonna explode.
    idk what to do.
    put this in a levels because if it is in MH it might trigger someone idk im trying hard not to be annoying, i dont want to get banned so please dont card me if this is in the wrong place.
    just want to cry all the time and noone sees bc my grades are good and superficially everything is fine but inside i feel like im losing my mind and noone is seeing anything the way i am and idk why bc it is so obvious why can no-one see any of it.

idk why did i even make this gonna regret it
    im so irritating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    idk why im making it.
    spoken to ppl inrl
    they haven't sorted it, deep down i still feel erratic and im like im gonna explode.
    idk what to do.
    put this in a levels because if it is in MH it might trigger someone idk im trying hard not to be annoying, i dont want to get banned so please dont card me if this is in the wrong place.
    just want to cry all the time and noone sees bc my grades are good and superficially everything is fine but inside i feel like im losing my mind and noone is seeing anything the way i am and idk why bc it is so obvious why can no-one see any of it.

im so irritating
    If you have a close family member/friend that listens to you, open up to them. It'll take a huge weight off your shoulders, a problem shared is a problem halved.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, you are not irritating. :no:

I'm not in your position yet but I can imagine that you must be very stressed. :console: Your grades are fine, as you've mentioned. I think that you should talk to someone about the way you're feeling because you don't want your performance to be affected by it.

ReputationRep:
    idk why im making it.
    spoken to ppl inrl
    idk what to do.

im so irritating
    salamanders
    Pm me
    I know exactly what this is. I feel like this so much.
    I'm here for a few minutes before i pass out of tiredness
    Love u, don't feel like you are alone in this - you are not :lovehug: x

idk why im making it.
    spoken to ppl inrl
    idk what to do.

im so irritating
    You arent saying whats wrong, maybe pm cheese and veg or call childline and talk to a counselor.

ReputationRep:
    im probably going to regret this thread. Why? It's always Very useful to get your feelings out in the open, no point whatsoever in keeping everything bottled in. Your posting on a forum with loads of other students who are probably going through a similar situation to you and can offer you relatable advice. Nothing to regret here.
    idk why im making it. Because you want to vent and get stuff off your chest and you probably don't have someone irl to completely open up to about this to or they haven't been entirely useful.
    spoken to ppl inrl
    idk what to do.
    Breathe. Breathe again and again and again. Take a step back. You are in control here, always remember that- you are in control. Yeah everything feels erratic like it's going at 10000mph and you can't do anything about it but you can. Start of by writing a list of everything you feel is wrong eg with your grades, topics your struggling in, problems with friends, family, anxiety. Just write down here or anywhere what it is that's causing you to feel like this, what's your trigger. Face the problem head on, yeah most of the time people aren't understanding but that's life, you need to help you now. Pin point what it exactly is that's causing you to feel like this so you can begin to try and tackle it. There's not much advice we can give on this part until we know what it is that's causing you to feel like this
    im so irritating. You're not irritating,don't regret making this post. At the end of the day all you've done is post something on an online forum where chances are no one even knows who you really are and even if they do you have nothing to feel embarrassed or regretful over
    See the added bold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    See the added bold.
    Pinkberry has given fantastic advice. Writing your issues down does help, mentally it takes a load off your mind. It also helps you to rationalise your issues and think of how to tackle them.

ReputationRep:
    idk why im making it.
    spoken to ppl inrl
    idk what to do.

im so irritating
    :console:

You aren't irritating at all, what's the matter?

ReputationRep:
    i dont feel like i was made for this world tbh, ik everyone says that and im not trying to be 'edgy' or 'emo' or 'hipster' or whatever but i honestly dont.
    i dont do anything anyone 'normal' does yet in 11 months time im gonna be cast out into the world with no idea how to do anything at all, im so worried about that and there are so many decisions to be made happening rn and i feel that if im not doing something productive 100% of the time then im wasting my time (ik that is stupid cos im on tsr for flips sake but yeh) so i find it impossible to relax or even switch off and this is manifesting itself in nightmares that have been consecutive for about 2 and a half months now and on and off for months and months before then. but no-one can see that can they so no-one is bothered and they think how can it be scary bc obviously it isnt real and not all of them are extremely dark or graphic no but a lot of them are.
    im stressed about the uni stuff bc i cant talk clearly at all and im gonna fail all the bloody interviews cos ive failed all the mock ones so far, im so self conscious i hate myself even rn i hate myself so much and all i can think is stuff which i probably cant say again bc i dont want to get into trouble with the mods. Then other stuff i dont really want to say in public, nothing horrendously bad just added complications. plus the fact that one of my projects for my a level is not going that great atm and im stuck with it really so that is stressing me out.
    and then friends have turned on me inrl bc jealously of my AS grades and good comments from teachers etc so now i feel so alone and jealous of all the ppl partying and going out and having fun etc.
    so yeh :/ and then i also feel pathetic bc im not dying or anything ppl have it worse so idk why i want to drop to the floor roll up in a ball and scream when im in a crowd
    It's okay, I'm assuming by 'normal' you mean going out getting drunk to clubs and doing drugs and having sex? It's okay, don't worry about it, there's loads of people who don't do stuff like that, for various reasons. You aren't going to be cast out, you will still have your parents and friends to ask stuff and your university should have support programmes in place like buddies to help people. Do you mean like cooking etc?

A lot of people feel guilty if they aren't productive 100% of the time but the human body isn't designed like this. It's important for both your physical and psychological well being to have at least one day of full rest a week

Is there any reason why you feel like you can't relax? Are your parents pressuring you? If not have you considered talking with your GP about this? It may be an anxiety disorder

Uni interviews get better as you practice them just keep on practicing it will happen. As for your a-level project just plan it out in logical steps and try and do a little bit everyday so that you dont have to do it all in a big rush

Maybe you have social anxiety or something like that? Are you sure your friends have turned on you or are you just reading into stuff too much?

In any case I hope this improves :console:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.