Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

What time period in history would you choose to live out the rest of your life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    READ THE SPECIFICATIONS:

You can choose:

- What time period
    - What your social class/profession/lifestyle would be

I would choose to be an English Lady in Edwardian times.

(Original post by Iridocyclitis)
    READ THE SPECIFICATIONS:

You can choose:

- What time period

I would choose to be an English Lady (daughter of a powerful Duke) in Edwardian times.
    Who else in their right mind is not going to choose a lifestyle where they are rich or powerful?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a politician/farmer in 1950s Rhodesia, and I'd also be a ww2 veteran

ReputationRep:
    READ THE SPECIFICATIONS:

You can choose:

- What time period

I would choose to be an English Lady (daughter of a powerful Duke) in Edwardian times.
    I would live in the Georgian times (I think that's the Marie Antoinette one) and I'd want to be of royal blood. A princess or Queen. I'm in love with the dresses they wear. If not in France then I'd be a ancient Korean (joseon) gisaeng.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the past; everyone seems to romanticise the past for the music or fashion or whatever, but they conveniently forget how s***** it was for the vast majority of people. So, for me the future, as a scientist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Not in the past; everyone seems to romanticise the past for the music or fashion or whatever, but they conveniently forget how s***** it was for the vast majority of people. So, for me the future, as a scientist.
    That doesn't apply to today?

ReputationRep:
    This period. The 21st century.

Anyone who say's otherwise hasn't actually thought about the question rationally

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't apply to today?
    Yep, but let's be honest here it was much worse in the past.

ReputationRep:
    24th century as head nurse at a mental health department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truth')
    This period. The 21st century.

Anyone who say's otherwise hasn't actually thought about the question rationally
    To hell with rationality!

ReputationRep:
    The quality of life of someone in the past is likely going to be worse than any TSR user's life in the present, even if rich. For example, I heard it once said that everyone here is far wealthier than Elizabeth I by virtue of the things we take for granted each day. No matter how wealthy Elizabeth I was, she couldn't even buy a wristwatch.

Average quality of life has improved reliably over time, which should suggest that you should choose some time in the future, although it's not guaranteed. A safe bet would be someone rich in the present.

I would choose to live the rest of my life in Plato's academy.
    But I'm going to Cambridge... so maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    67th century as an dream-synthesis engineer at the andromodean central bioform transmitter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To hell with rationality!
    I like you

ReputationRep:
    Aristocrat in the French Revolution, just to experience the horror they felt when the a whole social class was ripped apart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    READ THE SPECIFICATIONS:

You can choose:

- What time period

I would choose to be an English Lady in Edwardian times.
    in the Renaissance
    I'd be a noblewoman with a shrewd mind and the reputation of a femme fatalle

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a whore in Georgian London.

ReputationRep:
    A Duke back in the 18th century sounds nice.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I watch Pride and Prejudice I wonder what it might be like to be Elizabeth and be married to Mr Darcy :moon:

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.