Predicted A*AB can I apply for AAA?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Or is it a no go?

ReputationRep:
    You need to phone/e-mail the admissions offices of where you want to go to and ask them. It will be depend they may look at it as sort cumulative grade and think A*AB = AAA or they may want you to show you can get A's in at least 3 subjects.

Even then they'll know predicted grades aren't set in stone so they may just give you an offer of AAA even though you were predicted a B in one subject. It really does depend and you need to contact the admissions offices to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkyvirus)
    You need to phone/e-mail the admissions offices of where you want to go to and ask them. It will be depend they may look at it as sort cumulative grade and think A*AB = AAA or they may want you to show you can get A's in at least 3 subjects.

Even then they'll know predicted grades aren't set in stone so they may just give you an offer of AAA even though you were predicted a B in one subject. It really does depend and you need to contact the admissions offices to find out.
    Do the universities see your UMS marks? Because i'm two marks away to an A (Psychology).
    Waiting on a remark, and also genuinely don't understand why my school didn't predict me an A if i was so close. Goshhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    Do the universities see your UMS marks? Because i'm two marks away to an A (Psychology).
    Waiting on a remark, and also genuinely don't understand why my school didn't predict me an A if i was so close. Goshhhh.
    I actually don't know. Probably best to phone UCAS and ask (or any admissions office).

ReputationRep:
    No, but you can ask your teacher to include them in your reference.

ReputationRep:
    Or you can just put your UMS in on UCAS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Or you can just put your UMS in on UCAS...
    Not sure if that will resolve the problem since the issue is that his predictions don't meet the entry requirements.

I mean, he could tell the universities his UMS one way or another and that might influence their decision, but they'll still be dissatisfied with his predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Not sure if that will resolve the problem since the issue is that his predictions don't meet the entry requirements.

I mean, he could tell the universities his UMS one way or another and that might influence their decision, but they'll still be dissatisfied with his predictions.
    Yeah, I know. I was suggesting that he put his UMS into UCAS instead of wasting valuable characters from the reference.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not beg for a higher prediction?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know. I was suggesting that he put his UMS into UCAS instead of wasting valuable characters from the reference.
    I agree that that's probably the best thing to do to show the universities how close he was.

But should he apply for an AAA university with A*AB predictions? I think he could do it as an aspirational choice, but he should know that there's a good chance he will be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that that's probably the best thing to do to show the universities how close he was.

But should he apply for an AAA university with A*AB predictions? I think he could do it as an aspirational choice, but he should know that there's a good chance he will be rejected.
    Yeah, uni's don't place that much weight on predictions. He'll be fine.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, uni's don't place that much weight on predictions. He'll be fine.
    I'm female :hahaha:HAHAHA

But yeah, thanks for your help guys! I'll try and beg for an A prediction, lols

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.