UCAS track ALL QUESTIONS HERE PLEASE Watch

This discussion is closed.
Art Nerd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Sorry if someone's asked this already but I was just wondering if anyone knows the soonest that UCAS track would be updated because I heard that they find out your results before we do so people can find out if they're into a uni before they know theyre results? If that made any sense!
Basically i need to apply for accomodation as soon as i know if im in because it's first come first served and don't know how soon it will show on UCAS track, whether it will be like the day before, or only an hour or two before
Thanks
Shortay1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey, sorry but it'll only update the morning of results day, there's always rumours going around that it "updates at midnight" and stuff but it doesn't.
empfrench
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It says on the UCAS website that they ubdate track ''mid-morning''. So it should be possible to check if you've got in or not before the post comes, or before you head for school/college. I'll be checking around 7.am, if I can wait that long. Probably.
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And just to double check, if you log-in, and by your firm choice, it says: Unconditional - and the rest are declined (apart from the ones you were rejected from) - that means you've made the grades, right?
Shortay1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep
xxnikkixx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
gutted! I heard the updating at midnight rumour!
yellow96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Last year a few people got on at midnight and it'd been updated, but it was down again within minutes.
Anannya
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends on your luck I guess. If you are really lucky than you might be able to find out at midnight, or early in the morning.

:tee:
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, I'm in the same situation with Bournemouth. If you have any results with edexcel and your school or college is signed up to results plus you can get the results online from 6am. I hoping for a B in Computing with edexcel then I can apply for Accommodation. Its a really annoying system though as pretty much all of my mates have applied for accomodation at there unis already.

I'm also lucky that my dads a postman so I have him looking out for any letters for me early that day but the mail centres are on strike the night before so I don't think UCAS letters will make it by results day.
Art Nerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by flipshot)
Yeah, I'm in the same situation with Bournemouth.
Cool, do you know what accommodation you're going to apply for?
I'm thinking Purbeck
flipshot
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Art Nerd)
Cool, do you know what accommodation you're going to apply for?
I'm thinking Purbeck
Yeah, I like purbeck but I think I might go for Cranbourne as its slightly cheaper. Although I don't really mind any of them other than Hurn and the Unilets. Its annoying we can't choose 1st and 2nd Choice halls though they only let you put preferences for the types of accomodation not the individual halls.
Art Nerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by flipshot)
Yeah, I like purbeck but I think I might go for Cranbourne as its slightly cheaper. Although I don't really mind any of them other than Hurn and the Unilets. Its annoying we can't choose 1st and 2nd Choice halls though they only let you put preferences for the types of accomodation not the individual halls.
They let you put a first choice of halls, but no second choice. I agree with you, any are fine apart from Hurn and Unilets!
flipshot
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Art Nerd)
They let you put a first choice of halls, but no second choice. I agree with you, any are fine apart from Hurn and Unilets!
The good thing is though Glenfern has been removed from the website. That seemed like the worst place out of the lot.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You won't be able to find out before results day and it's likely to be from about 7 am that you can actually log on without it crashing or being slow. Unconditional means you're in, unsuccessful means you're not, conditional means either they didn't tell UCAS in time for it to be updated or they haven't decided yet.
m123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
so if its unsucessful theres no point ringing them up and trying to persuade them to let u in then?
Art Nerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by m123)
so if its unsucessful theres no point ringing them up and trying to persuade them to let u in then?

A teacher at my school said last year someone checked UCAS and it said unsuccessful but when they got their results theyd actually met their offer and they were in, it was just a technical glitch
So if it comes up unsuccessful you shouldnt think thats final
Gareth-Lee Smith
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Re: the midnight rumour. Who's gonna be awake at UCAS at midnight in order to spend a few hours updating the database?

And they us students don't have common sense...

maucej
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Suc-Cesc!!!)
And just to double check, if you log-in, and by your firm choice, it says: Unconditional - and the rest are declined (apart from the ones you were rejected from) - that means you've made the grades, right?
Not necessarliy. It means that the Uni has accepted you, but you might still not have had the grades they asked for - they're just taking you anyway.

I know that this still equals good (!), but don't look at an Unconditional on the morning and tell people "I got AAB" or whatever your offer is, 'cause until you see that results slip, you don't know!
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by maucej)
Not necessarliy. It means that the Uni has accepted you, but you might still not have had the grades they asked for - they're just taking you anyway.

I know that this still equals good (!), but don't look at an Unconditional on the morning and tell people "I got AAB" or whatever your offer is, 'cause until you see that results slip, you don't know!
Yeah fair point. And, coincidently, I do need AAB
maucej
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Spooky!!:eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.71%
No (587)
72.29%

Watched Threads