• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hatemeifuwant)
    should i ring queens university?

or ucas i tried ucas they dont answer
    Ring your uni.

Check it's website to find out if there is a hotline number.

ReputationRep:
    BEEN ACCEPTED :d

ReputationRep:
    thanks for help people xxxx ucas stil not updated yet queens said im in

ReputationRep:
    Heya - thanks for answering my enquiry.

Turns out i didn't get accepted but that's what i half-expected anyway.

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im an international student and I took the CIE board for my A levels. I took 4 subjects; Lit in English, Math, Econs and Law, ABBB respectively. I applied to read Law in UCL and got an AAA offer. According to the LNAT website I did extremely well...i got 25...BUT UCL REJECTED MEEE...:'(

what am i going to do?

do you think i can still appeal?

ReputationRep:
    An unsuccessful on UCAS isn't necessarily the final decision. A friend of mine got a rejected offer reversed, so it's always worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Turns out I exceeded the grades I needed (AAA-woot!) to get into Birmingham, but I haven't got any updates yet--still reads Conditional Firm. Is it likely to get updated at all today, and has anybody else who's going to Birmingham been accepted yet?

Doing French + Russian, btw.

Ta!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cben)
    Hi all,

Turns out I exceeded the grades I needed (AAA-woot!) to get into Birmingham, but I haven't got any updates yet--still reads Conditional Firm. Is it likely to get updated at all today, and has anybody else who's going to Birmingham been accepted yet?

Doing French + Russian, btw.

Ta!
    Ring up Birmingham - if it hasn't updated there is a small chance that it's because there's been a problem with them getting your results.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It may take time to be updated-mine took several days last year but it will update

Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Mine aint updated yet but I'm going to Oxford! Wahey!

Hurry up track and update.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    I rung Warwick twice and both times they said there's nothing they can do. I give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Mine aint updated yet but I'm going to Oxford! Wahey!

Hurry up track and update.
    Same here! i dont think Oxford have done it on track yet? I want to see 'accepted' or whatever written next to it !

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't know what's going on...
    I know i'm in at my insurance which is great and I'm happy to go there but I haven't been rejected by my firm but I know I've missed the offer. Track hasn't updated, i've rung my firm but had to leave a message. i just want to know!!!!!

Have spoken to a friend that deals with uni admissions and he says the only reason they haven't updated is because they must be sitting on my application. I reckon they're waiting to see who might pop up in clearing and then they'll decide. It's not fair as I'm happy to go to my insurance and I want to sort things out like accomodation but can't do anything until I'm rejected.
    Do you think it matters, all this waiting around or do we not have to officially accept anything until the 18th anyway?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I need 3Bs or A, B, C to get into Leeds, and i got an A and 2Cs (but i got 6 marks and 12 marks off a B on both my Cs!!!). Is it likely they will still let me in? They havnt replied on track yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espo)
    I know i'm in at my insurance which is great and I'm happy to go there but I haven't been rejected by my firm but I know I've missed the offer. Track hasn't updated, i've rung my firm but had to leave a message. i just want to know!!!!!

Have spoken to a friend that deals with uni admissions and he says the only reason they haven't updated is because they must be sitting on my application. I reckon they're waiting to see who might pop up in clearing and then they'll decide. It's not fair as I'm happy to go to my insurance and I want to sort things out like accomodation but can't do anything until I'm rejected.
    Do you think it matters, all this waiting around or do we not have to officially accept anything until the 18th anyway?:confused:
    Same here but I called and they said that i hv to wait. I think they just wanna see how many people r in clearing. If there r loads, i might not hv a chance.
    Finger cross!!

ReputationRep:
    Please help!

Say you accepted one university offer through clearing but haven't sent in the clearing passport. Are you allowed to phone other universities and when they do accept you......then what do I do? Who do I send the clearing passport to? Am I allowed to phone up other universities if the first university accepted me?

Hellllllppp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeraboard)
    Same here but I called and they said that i hv to wait. I think they just wanna see how many people r in clearing. If there r loads, i might not hv a chance.
    Finger cross!!
    I hate this not knowing!!! I just hope they don't reject me and then I have trouble getting accomodation at my insurance (Sheffield). I wish they would make their mind up one way or another. Also I'm not sure I like the whole "let's see if we can grab anyone better" feeling. It doesn't show much commitment to the students does it?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Milli)
    Please help!

Say you accepted one university offer through clearing but haven't sent in the clearing passport. Are you allowed to phone other universities and when they do accept you......then what do I do? Who do I send the clearing passport to? Am I allowed to phone up other universities if the first university accepted me?

Hellllllppp!
    not 100% sure but its a bit unfair to the 1st uni if you went and decided to go elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    not 100% sure but its a bit unfair to the 1st uni if you went and decided to go elsewhere.
    I haven't yet notified the first university that i'll be going. I have to send my clearing passport to confirm. They just have an offer for me.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by espo)

Ring UCAS and say your firm wont reject you. If your firm can't give UCAS a good reason for sitting on your application in 24 hours then UCAS will reject you for them and you'll be passed to your insurance.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.