ReputationRep:
    What Does Entry Point 1 Mean??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    First year

(Entry point 0 is foundation year, Entry point 2 is second year...)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    something about the route through UCAS? no idea - what have you seen it in conjunction with...Maybe entry onto the 1st year of the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco1504)
    What Does Entry Point 1 Mean??
    Entering into the first year. i.e. like most people who have just done their A levels and are going to university for the first point.

If you've already done a year at uni, it's sometimes possible to apply through ucas to transfer to another university in 2nd or 3rd year.

ReputationRep:
    i rang kings to see if any pharamcy places wer avaliable andthey said no.
    Damn what about aston? I know people with different conditions or bradford? ring back LSOP.

ReputationRep:
    I called about Pharmacology and Biomed Sci. They wouldn't take me
    What did you get?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Chiba_Revolution)
    Damn what about aston? I know people with different conditions or bradford? ring back LSOP.
    I've been looking for dietetics ones, but not seen any yet except coventry - a lot of unis do pharmacy too... Plenty of Physio, radiotherapy or OT though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey - Well i did poor, for my firm (Northumbria) i needed 300 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels and for my insurance (Sheffield Hallam) i needed 160 UCAS points from 2 A-Levels. I got E,D,C so therefore a total of 180 UCAS points, missing out on both conditions. However Northumbria seem to have confirmed me a place but on a different course, Business Information Systems, i applied for Information Technology Management for Business. For this changed course it seems you also need 300 UCAS points, must have low numbers and therefore have decided to give me an offer anyway?!

My Sheffield Hallam offer seems the same on UCAS track however now it says UNCONDITIONAL instead of the original conditional; does this mean i got into Hallam as well? I was only 20 UCAS points off their condition and because it says unconditional, i'm assuming that means i've been accepted and i'm in and i can enroll on their course?
    Does this mean i can choose between my firm and insurance now as both seem to have accepted me (although my firm has changed my course), can someone please confirm this?! Thanks!:tsr2:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I assume you can choose since they changed your offer... Which would you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary said they'd phone me back. They still haven't. I phoned them again 3 hours ago and they asked me to wait.

I don't know what to do.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Phone them early tomorrow - look up the time the phone lines open and phone them then - before they get annoyed at all the people demanding places!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Kirsty

ReputationRep:
    Firm still not updated. The phone number for my firm says it is strictly if you have NOT met the conditions of the offer. I have, it's just not updated on my UCAS. I would have thought it would have updated by now so I'm getting quite worried.

Maybe I should ring UCAS - are they available at this time??!

From UCAS site:

For queries about your application, phone the UCAS helpline on 0870 1122211. For expert, independent, and confidential advice, call the Exam Results Helpline on 0808 100 8000.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing ***** at cambridge are morons. They 'misplaced' my Business paper 3, so they didnt have it, and they gave me a D based on statistics and predictions. I'm so ****ing pissed off. I'm going to school tmorrow and hopefully it can get resolved with Lboro.

Wasted 3 ****ing hours of my life for that paper, and it counts as 50% of the grade

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask abt priority appealing here? What i want to ask is would i have to confirm my clearing place even before i get my remark results. And if i do, and my remark results meet my grade requirement can i still go to my insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Emailed UCAS and Warwick about the update thing. Got work tomorrow ! I'll check straight after, though. If still not updated, a phone call is definitely in order! WORRIED!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esafarloo)
    Hey - Well i did poor, for my firm (Northumbria) i needed 300 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels and for my insurance (Sheffield Hallam) i needed 160 UCAS points from 2 A-Levels. I got E,D,C so therefore a total of 180 UCAS points, missing out on both conditions. However Northumbria seem to have confirmed me a place but on a different course, Business Information Systems, i applied for Information Technology Management for Business. For this changed course it seems you also need 300 UCAS points, must have low numbers and therefore have decided to give me an offer anyway?!

My Sheffield Hallam offer seems the same on UCAS track however now it says UNCONDITIONAL instead of the original conditional; does this mean i got into Hallam as well? I was only 20 UCAS points off their condition and because it says unconditional, i'm assuming that means i've been accepted and i'm in and i can enroll on their course?
    Does this mean i can choose between my firm and insurance now as both seem to have accepted me (although my firm has changed my course), can someone please confirm this?! Thanks!:tsr2:
    If your firm have let you in then you wont have to choose between your firm and your insurance...you'll be automatically sent to your firm choice, which I assume is what you want?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Herts to make a decision for my course of dietetics. How long do these things normally take?

ReputationRep:
    I've got the grades but my firm offers is still saying conditional?! :confused:
    My firm condition includes IELTS.But I dont think the university know about my new IELTS score .What should I do ?

ReputationRep:
    ring them....?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.