UCAS track ALL QUESTIONS HERE PLEASE Watch

This discussion is closed.
Calikusu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been told that Clearing for Universities is not open during the Weekend. Is this true?
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it depends on the university - check the university website, there should be hours of operation of the clearing phone lines.
Calikusu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know I've asked this millions of times but I'm really worried at the moment.....yesterday I gave my clearing number to a certain university which had the course I was interested in.

Today I checked UCAS and it says I've been accepted at that university and that it's been confirmed...and that all i have to do now is send in my clearing passport.

The thing that worries me is that I'm waiting for another offer from a much better university for the same course.....I think I'm on the waiting list since they said they'd call me back sometime next week. They asked for my clearing number also.

I don't want them to check UCAS and see that another university has accepted me. I know PQ said they won't be able to view other universities but the fact that it's stated on the UCAS website worries me.

messynessie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am lost. Am I supposed to confirm that I am accepting my unconditional thing from the uni I got into through track? or directly to the uni? or not at all?!?!?!
metaphysical
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok i have this crappy situation- i am deffo re-applying next year- to Oxford (missed my Cambridge offer for law very narrowly and got rejected, but still have moe pts than the min. entrance requiremnt for law in ox), and i wanna register for UCAS 2008 and start the whole app process, WHILE doing a year at my insurance uni.

My question is, can that uni see on UCAs that i am filling in a new 2008 application? Or is only the track screen from 2007 visible to them?

thanks
callstar027
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Got the grades to get into my firm and insurance, obviously taking up my firm, insurance on UCAS has changed to unconditional, still conditional for firm. I rang up yesterday and i have definately got a place, when should i expect UCAS to update??
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its the university that hasn't updated, not UCAS. It maybe that the uni won't update for a few days, but if they've confirmed the place then don't worry.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by metaphysical)
Ok i have this crappy situation- i am deffo re-applying next year- to Oxford (missed my Cambridge offer for law very narrowly and got rejected, but still have moe pts than the min. entrance requiremnt for law in ox), and i wanna register for UCAS 2008 and start the whole app process, WHILE doing a year at my insurance uni.

My question is, can that uni see on UCAs that i am filling in a new 2008 application? Or is only the track screen from 2007 visible to them?

thanks
Universities don't see any details about the universities you apply to (except them of course). Not even your track screen.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by messynessie)
I am lost. Am I supposed to confirm that I am accepting my unconditional thing from the uni I got into through track? or directly to the uni? or not at all?!?!?!
No - it was a legally binding contract, so by achieving the offer, your automatically in. Nothing to do - unless you get anything through the post to sign and send back.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Calikusu)
I know I've asked this millions of times but I'm really worried at the moment.....yesterday I gave my clearing number to a certain university which had the course I was interested in.

Today I checked UCAS and it says I've been accepted at that university and that it's been confirmed...and that all i have to do now is send in my clearing passport.

The thing that worries me is that I'm waiting for another offer from a much better university for the same course.....I think I'm on the waiting list since they said they'd call me back sometime next week. They asked for my clearing number also.

I don't want them to check UCAS and see that another university has accepted me. I know PQ said they won't be able to view other universities but the fact that it's stated on the UCAS website worries me.

I'm not sure about the clearing system - so by been accepted somewhere , i'm not sure if it means you have to go there... PQ is best to ask!
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by messynessie)
You will receive the AS12 letter which some unis require you to return and others don't. If in doubt, ring the uni to check.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Calikusu)

I'll tell you what - email me your UCAS number (the 07blah di blah one) and I'll look you up and email you back a screen shot showing you EXACTLY what other unis can see of your applications
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
HELP - has anyone else tried to get into track and got a screen for a split second saying their application has been withdrawn and its logging out (print screened it) when it hasn't/ shouldn't have been? Didn't want to wait for my UCAS number so said i'd forgotten my details as 'apply' had said that my application had been sent to institutions - didn't want postal strike to hold things up..... but as soon as I got in I got that screen which promptly disappeared - is this anything to worry about? My application was sent on Monday afternoon so have I just jumped the gun?
emma2804
Report 11 years ago
^^Thats happened to me too. I'm so worried right now, I don't know what to do. Why can't I wait for anything, stupid impatience!!
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This happened to me too! I then checked back and it was my application number from last year so I'm presuming it's from withdrawing that one? I called up UCAS and they said it was all processed, so hopefully it's all okay...
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep, called this morning and I think the woman on the phone was thinking how silly I was... but hey.... mind at ease now. I almost had a heart attack on Saturday! Best bet to all impatient applicants who withdrew last year, RING the customer service no. at UCAS and ask them for it. They as a few security questions and then hand it over. Otherwise, wait for the letter.

Thanks for your help!
Terrafire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't worry about the 'withdrawn application' screen. Because people who apply again use the same details, when answering the security questions thay are given the old application number which has still not quite been cleared from the system. Of course, when logging in it says the application has been withdrawn. It has absolutely no effect on the current application, because you don't even end up accessing that one.
city_chic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can someone post a screenshot of their track with replies please?
anonymous1989
Report 11 years ago
can u tell me
if i resit AS modules
8th march 2008 the results will come out
if i do not recieve any offer or decline all pending offers
if i get much better grades....am i allowd to change AS grades in "education" section in the application
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you plan to retake a module/ subject put the grade as pending.... because that way the university know that you're working to better the grade and cannot make an unfair judgement on your attainment/ capabilities based on the original mark. That's what my sixth form told us to do anyway.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads