Boyfriend going to university.

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is off to university tomorrow. It is 20 minutes from his house, so lucky we aren't going to be in a LDR. He chose this uni to be close to me as he apparently couldn't bear being away from me.
    We have been together for 2 years, and for the most part our relationship is good. I trust my boyfriend and I know he cares about me a LOT.
    However, I'm started to worry a lot about if he meets new girls at uni and if he will end up having feelings for them etc. I hate knowing that I won't be around when he's there (I'm in my last year of sixth form), and I guess I'm a little insecure.
    The reason why is because on social media he sometimes tends to like other girls pictures e.g models or pretty females who used to go to our school, and he also sometimes adds pretty girls on facebook. I know for a definite fact he doesn't talk to any of these females, and he's open about his conversations and he doesn't hide anything.
    He's a kind and friendly person, and I have no doubt that he'll make friends with both males and females.
    I just worry so much that he'll start to have feelings for another girl, especially if he'll be at uni 3 times a week and he'll lose feelings for me.
    I don't know how to deal with this situation. Please help?

ReputationRep:
    It's a trust issue. It's genuinely your problem (especially considering you said he's very open/implied he's sincere).

You're not going to be attached to his waste your whole life. Accept that you won't be around all the time and that you need to start trusting him. At the end of the day, if he ends up falling in love with someone else etc. Then, there's nothing you can do about that and maybe you deserve someone better who truly loves you.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be tough for you, so keep busy, and try not sound jealous or needy. He's going to have to make some interesting decisions, and so are you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    It's going to be tough for you, so keep busy, and try not sound jealous or needy. He's going to have to make some interesting decisions, and so are you.
    Can you elaborate on 'interesting decisions' please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflyalwaysx)
    Can you elaborate on 'interesting decisions' please?
    Well, you're each going to have to decide whether the status quo continues to be acceptable. What did you think I meant?

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend will meet girls wherever he goes. Just like you can't avoid being around other boys, he can't avoid being around other girls- there's billions of them on this planet

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.