GCSE Business or GCSE Computing

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: Which one
    Business
    33.33%
    Computing
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    First post, but on Monday my school enables subject changes for the week. (year 10) I'm deciding to drop French and want to take GCSE Business or GCSE Computing instead. How was your experience in both subject or which one would be better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skrtskrtkid)
    First post, but on Monday my school enables subject changes for the week. (year 10) I'm deciding to drop French and want to take GCSE Business or GCSE Computing instead. How was your experience in both subject or which one would be better?
    I took neither, but I would ask: which are you more interested in, and which would you feel more comfortable in doing well in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I took neither, but I would ask: which are you more interested in, and which would you feel more comfortable in doing well in?
    Im interested in both just to get away from French tbh, but I'm into computers with me building one last year at the age 13 and knowing how to use it better than most but with business I feel like it is interesting cause I get to know how it works etc. The thing is computing and the students in it are quite chilled and its a good environment however I heard business is chav central so..

ReputationRep:
    Im interested in both just to get away from French tbh, but I'm into computers with me building one last year at the age 13 and knowing how to use it better than most but with business I feel like it is interesting cause I get to know how it works etc. The thing is computing and the students in it are quite chilled and its a good environment however I heard business is chav central so..
    Well, it's up to you, but from what you say, it sounds like Computing is the better choice.

ReputationRep:
    Which ever one you feel you would get a better grade in i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missypkm)
    Which ever one you feel you would get a better grade in i suppose
    I wouldn't know hence why I'm asking how was the experience with the GCSE and how you found it. Easy hard etc.

ReputationRep:
    Computing, sixth forms and universities would rather you had that.

ReputationRep:
    Im taking Business Studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    Im taking Business Studies
    experience so far?

ReputationRep:
    Computing is easy if you're logical, like problem-solving, maths etc.

Have no experience with Business though.

ReputationRep:
    experience so far?
    I find it easy wht are you doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    I find it easy wht are you doing it
    English
    Maths
    RE
    French (plan to drop)
    History
    Media
    Triple Science

ReputationRep:
    I think they're both good subjects to choose, we couldn't do computing at my school but it looks like you have a passion for it and if it was me I would choose what I'm interested in.

ReputationRep:
    English
    Maths
    RE
    French (plan to drop)
    History
    Media
    Triple Science
    aww come on ma thread to chat to meh xD

ReputationRep:
    The thing is computing and the students in it are quite chilled
    computing isn't a chill subject at all, maybe during the start but as deadlines get closer you'll be spending a lot of your time in the computer room doing your code and writeup. the program usually takes ages but counts for hardly anything, it's all based on how you explain it through the writeup. if you enjoy it though, take it, just be prepared to put the effort in for a good grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    computing isn't a chill subject at all, maybe during the start but as deadlines get closer you'll be spending a lot of your time in the computer room doing your code and writeup. the program usually takes ages but counts for hardly anything, it's all based on how you explain it through the writeup. if you enjoy it though, take it, just be prepared to put the effort in for a good grade
    Nonononononono, i didnt mean the subject is chilled, meaning that the people in that class are more beneficial and better than people doing business. And what happens during write ups

ReputationRep:
    100% choose business, trust me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackymang12345)
    100% choose business, trust me!!!
    reason?

ReputationRep:
    I did Business Studies and now I'm doing Employability and Enterprise at college

ReputationRep:
    Screw computing. I was not told that I did so badly in a CA, so it dragged my result down, very much contrasting with everything else.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.