The Student Room Group

Swapping from BEng to Meng straight away?

Meng requirements are AAA, I have A*AB with the A* in Maths. Is it possible?
Original post by Lucasium
Meng requirements are AAA, I have A*AB with the A* in Maths. Is it possible?

This would be a good question to ask yiur university..

But yeah, I think it's possible to switch anytime until end of second year for most places - and for those on the BEng there's usually a criteria of getting, say, above 60% (or some grade) in order to switch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
This would be a good question to ask yiur university..

But yeah, I think it's possible to switch anytime until end of second year for most places - and for those on the BEng there's usually a criteria of getting, say, above 60% (or some grade) in order to switch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funnily enough, I'm asking about changing now due to the complications it can cause later during internships
Funnily enough, I'm asking about changing now due to the complications it can cause later during internships

Such as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you intend to do the MEng then you might as well switch as soon as possible as to try to get student finance issues sorted out sooner rather than later.
Reply 5
Original post by Princepieman

I've heard that if you make the switch to Meng the offer an internship or full time job offer gets revoked due to the course adding a year
I've heard that if you make the switch to Meng the offer an internship or full time job offer gets revoked due to the course adding a year

Well, you could just reapply.. It's not the end of the world if you do 2 internships.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extremely unlikely, maybe for a full time job offer but I'm sure they'd rather have a Master's qualified engineer and most companies would be fine with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending