The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
"Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

ahahahaha...sorry, it seems immature, but i was thinking of something similar to hit my sister with...

With regards to the topic, I think they will...Im not sure, but like my schoolteachers knew my O'level grades from before, so im guessing that they'll open our results nyway...makes it easier to distribute on D-day i guess
Reply 21
How long before are the results available to the Head of the Department?? The day before or just earlier in the morning..i am asking cause i got confused!
Reply 22
kitty123
Just do what I'm going to do:
1.Hide
2. If hiding fails pretend to be in a really in depth conversation with the person next to me! :P

You know, once you stop laughing, its not really that implausible...
Reply 23
Yeah they do, at GCSE, my headteacher handed me my envelope and said "I think you'll be very pleased with your results". That was reassuring but if I'd done badly, I definitely wouldn't want them to let me know!
At our school Head Matster and few other scenior members come in and sort them out as well as looking through results. The next moring before we arrive some teachers look (if they bother coming in) just before we get them.
To clarify, I checked with the JCQ documentation and only Exams Officers, Headmasters, Deputys etc (i.e. people with an interest in the centre as a whole, not individual candidates) are permitted to see the results on the 15th. All other staff members inc. teachers have to wait for the 16th like us!!

|| Sam
Reply 26
i remember in january- my chem teacher told me i'd got a D before i went to get my results! thought he was lying but he really wasn't :frown:
Reply 27
Last year, I received my results and I was really nervous.
So i just stood in a corner not looking at them.
My geology teacher comes over and asks what I had, so i said 'I haven't looked yet, i'm afraid that i've done really badly in physics'
and then he bursts out with 'well you got an A in geology'

wench.
Reply 28
00sharrow
To clarify, I checked with the JCQ documentation and only Exams Officers, Headmasters, Deputys etc (i.e. people with an interest in the centre as a whole, not individual candidates) are permitted to see the results on the 15th. All other staff members inc. teachers have to wait for the 16th like us!!
|| Sam

Thank goodness,
Well, if they follow the rules, then thank goodness!
Reply 30

Well all my teachers know our results one week before they are given to us because of e-AQA or something. Last year they all knew our AS results, and this year in the january exams we were told our A2 jan module results one week earlier in the lessons by our teachers. The examiner at my college gets them a week earlier and sends a copy to all the teachers.
Reply 31
00sharrow

|| Sam

Well, my French and German teachers knew my GCSE grades the day before results day last year:confused:
Reply 32
Twinkle06
Well all my teachers know our results one week before they are given to us because of e-AQA or something. Last year they all knew our AS results, and this year in the january exams we were told our A2 jan module results one week earlier in the lessons by our teachers. The examiner at my college gets them a week earlier and sends a copy to all the teachers.

same with us for the january resits..

Our school know the day before so they can work out the % that passed, and tell the newspapers.. :rolleyes:
The proof...
http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/278/Release%20of%20Results%20June%202007.pdf

The results are issued on the strict understanding that the results files and their contents remain
entirely confidential to the Head of Centre and the Examinations Office staff at the Centre.
Results, or information derived from results, may not be divulged to or discussed with:
• teachers
• candidates or parents
• educational institutions and LEAs
• the press
• any other persons
prior to the official time and date for the publication of results which are as follows:
GCE, FSMQ, AEA 0600 hours on 16 August 2007
Most probably are, lol.
Reply 36
00sharrow
Most probably are, lol.

:p: I know she'll say she doesn't know, but I'm definitely going to ask my English teacher what I got for English on wednesday:p:
Yeh our school knew the day before (i managed to "aquire" a confidential booklet with everyones grades typed up by the school and it wass dated the previous day) but i don't know which teachers found at on the morning and which on previous days.

It was annoying though - after i picked up the envelope i waited for a bit for my freinds to turn up before i opened it, but the teachers assumed i'd already looked. A got a "congratulations on the A*" from the head of maths and a "well done" and handshake from my head of year. Nothing like killing the suspense :wink:
Reply 38
gooner1592
So were your AEA grades actually there?:confused: I've just been wondering too...if I was to get "Unclassified" would this show up on my statement of results, because otherwise, I'd be wondering where my result is:confused: Sorry if this seems like a silly question:p:

Yeh it should be on there if it's unclassified - my OCR French and Edexcel Spanish AEAs were on the results slips..
Reply 39
lucho22
Yeh it should be on there if it's unclassified - my OCR French and Edexcel Spanish AEAs were on the results slips..

Oh yeah, I got mine on thursday, but thanks for replying:smile: It showed as "Unclassified" on my sheet:redface: I'm such an idiot:p: I'm going to pay to get my paper back, have a look through it with the markscheme, and figure out where I went wrong for next year:smile:

Latest