Turn on thread page Beta

Checking on UCAS Track watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiba_Revolution)
    On results day am taking a bottle of vodka, if its good I shall crack it open and enjoy myself! if bad....am still drinking it anyway.
    Wow. How I wish I could be that rebelious... sigh...

ReputationRep:
    i will def be checking! whether i got in matters so much more than my results.

ReputationRep:
    I shall be checking but like another poster I don't want my firm to accept me to save me the whole hassle of phoning up and asking to be released, I still would like the grades I needed for my firm though -damn catch 22.

ReputationRep:
    yes i'll definitely do it as it will give me sime kind of idea what to expect:rolleyes: so ya i'lll do it n prepare my self before i go to collect results and am surrounded by my friends

ReputationRep:
    so its a real ***** if your status aint been updated then. would we have to ring ucas in this case

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try and avoid checking track, simply because the few minutes before you get your results, snaking your way through people to the envelopes, is quite an adrenaline rush haha. I will probably crack though!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i will defo check track - it kinda takes the pressure off gettin ur results.... n it also means u get 2 find out earlier if ur in or not.... if u dnt check track n u want ur results first, u wil hv 2 wait til ur skwl / college opens 2 find out.... but checkin track means u get 2 kno earlier!! but remember, track often crashes so u myt not get 2 kno at midnight anyway.... last yr it crashed at about 12.05 so only those who managed to get on in the first five minutes got 2 kno anyway.... but gd luck 2 all of u, hope u get in2 uni!! post on here at midnight n we can celebrate 2gether or drown sorrows..!! lol
    gd luck,
    Ange x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea_s32)
    yeh i will defo check track - it kinda takes the pressure off gettin ur results.... n it also means u get 2 find out earlier if ur in or not.... if u dnt check track n u want ur results first, u wil hv 2 wait til ur skwl / college opens 2 find out.... but checkin track means u get 2 kno earlier!! but remember, track often crashes so u myt not get 2 kno at midnight anyway.... last yr it crashed at about 12.05 so only those who managed to get on in the first five minutes got 2 kno anyway.... but gd luck 2 all of u, hope u get in2 uni!! post on here at midnight n we can celebrate 2gether or drown sorrows..!! lol
    gd luck,
    Ange x
    Wow i can honestly say i struggled to understand all of that! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll stay up to check at midnight but won't be too worried if it doesn't work as I'm pretty sure I met my offer (only need to make sure I get a B in Chem, I think I got that without sitting the last exam - still, *fingers crossed*).

|| Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00sharrow)
    I'll stay up to check at midnight but won't be too worried if it doesn't work as I'm pretty sure I met my offer (only need to make sure I get a B in Chem, I think I got that without sitting the last exam - still, *fingers crossed*).

|| Sam
    Sorry just out of interest why are u going to Birmingham if u have a-levels and gcse's like that?

ReputationRep:
    If you've got in to your firm/insurance uni, you get a letter yes?
    Firstly, is the letter from the Uni or UCAS?
    And if you're unsuccesful, do you get a letter through the post on results day, or later???

ReputationRep:
    i dont really care about my grades as long as i get into uni, i will be refreshing my UCAS profile all night now i know you can

surely it would help cause youd be more prepared to blabber on to your uni if you dont make the grades.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's a better idea not to check on track before collecting results...

Because if you checked on track and it said 'rejected' - you can't hold out any hope for the state of your results (as they didn't get you into uni..) and you'll probably be so upset you wont even want to go in and collect them..

Alternatively, if you get your results first and read them you can still hold out some hope (obviously this depends on how bad they are) for getting back home and checking track and crossing your fingers that your uni have decided to let you in anyway or that you still have a chance of appealing to them...

The first scenario would be horrible :-/. So I don't think I'll be checking track (or at least I'll try not to).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neo)
    Sorry just out of interest why are u going to Birmingham if u have a-levels and gcse's like that?
    Hehe I never thought of it like that! Everyone told me to apply for Oxbridge but I really wanted to do Maths and Chemistry, and there's only three places that let me do it the way I want - B'ham, Durham and Liverpool. I got offers from all three - I didn't like Liverpool when I visited (just didn't get the right feel from the place), and whilst Durham was great, it was too far away from home to be practical, with moving in and out three times in the first year (it's a 4.5 hour drive/train ride). This left B'ham - which was my favourite of the unis, had the best accommodation, and gave me a really good vibe.

Still, B'hams a great uni and despite its apparent low ranking in the league tables (33 ish - many threads about this - apparently they used the 'new' method of assessing staff:student ratio but other unis didn't so they lost out) I know I'll get top notch education.

Hope that answers your question!!

|| Sam

ReputationRep:
    I have been given an offer by Cambridge of AABB, but there was another part to the condition that I can proove that I fund my way through uni (e.g. student fianace letter)

So I don't know whether Track will be updated for me until I have sent in those details to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    its likely that it will be, its similar to my offer which is also subject to health and police checks but so long as you meet your grades ucas will be updated, and then the other coniditions eg funding your way through uni can be proven when you star or just before hand. If you unsure though i suggest you call em up tomorrow!. You have till the 31st of august to meet all offers anyway

When is track usually updated??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eau)
    When is track usually updated??
    Some people are saying from 00:00, but I don't believe so. Apparently some people had their accounts updated with their details by mistake last year.

I think the proper, official updating time is 7am. I reckon I'm going to be up at 7am, bright and early, refreshing the page either until my status changes or I have to leave to get my results at college at 10:30!

ReputationRep:
    hmm so if track will definitely be updated at 7 am do i check my edexcel online at 6 am (all 3 subjects edexcel) or do i wait to check track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoopy)
    hmm so if track will definitely be updated at 7 am do i check my edexcel online at 6 am (all 3 subjects edexcel) or do i wait to check track
    I vote edexcel

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.