Checking on UCAS Track Watch

Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'm going to check edexcel at 6am then track at 7am....but i'll most probably try track at midnight just in case :p:
yellow96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Someone in the UCAS forum just made a good point. In previous years, Track wasn't available during this period and updates were made on the 14th, 15th etc, but nobody found out because it was unavailable. This year however, Track's working fine, and on the UCAS website it says that no updates are being made in these few days, and updates will start at mid-morning on the 16th. It also says that you can keep checking on the 17th, so it looks like a lot of people will be met with "conditional" if they check Track too soon.
spunkym0nkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
YAY exactly 3 days till we can start checking track frantically for hours on end (or at least till mid morning)
dd1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Who's downloaded the auto refresher some guy posted?
parpirate
Badges: 12
Report 11 years ago
I shall be checking track cos i'd love to go and collect my results knowing that i'd got into either my firm or insurance as i loved both uni's and the only difference between them being that notts was more willing to come down on the offer a bit. I wont be using an auto refresher tho cos then i wont pay any attention to it:rolleyes:
durshley
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Thelfo)
Someone in the UCAS forum just made a good point. In previous years, Track wasn't available during this period and updates were made on the 14th, 15th etc, but nobody found out because it was unavailable. This year however, Track's working fine, and on the UCAS website it says that no updates are being made in these few days, and updates will start at mid-morning on the 16th. It also says that you can keep checking on the 17th, so it looks like a lot of people will be met with "conditional" if they check Track too soon.
what a load of bs
i want to know if i'm in before i get my results
i just know i'll miss one of my grades and be running around like a headless chicken trying to find out if they'll still take me
sophie_b
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by durshley)
what a load of bs
i want to know if i'm in before i get my results
i just know i'll miss one of my grades and be running around like a headless chicken trying to find out if they'll still take me
I can almost garentee doing the same :P
DorianGrey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does anyone know what time you can start phoning the uni's if all is not well? I'm thinking if i prepare for the worst it can only get better, **** i'm scared ....
Remo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrey)
Does anyone know what time you can start phoning the uni's if all is not well? .
yea thats a gd question but sorry i don't know. I'm preparin for the worst too, i've been lookin at other possible courses that may be in clearin
Lolly-88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm definitely checking track, my college is miles away...and if i look on track and see unconditional it means i won't have to endure the 2.5 hr bus journey to get there and i can just wait for it to come in the post. Plus i'm workin so i won't be able to go to college to collect my results.
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I rang UCAS a few weeks ago and the lady said it would probably update around 6-8am for most Universities. I don't know if this is still the case?
hyper-little-mushroom-men
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't decide whether to look on track or not! On the one hand I don't want to spoil (if that's the right word...) the surprise, but on the other hand I don't know if I'll be able to sleep not knowing!

Then again, if I have got into my firm I won't sleep for joy, so... :p:

(Original post by LaurenFah)
I rang UCAS a few weeks ago and the lady said it would probably update around 6-8am for most Universities. I don't know if this is still the case?

16 August
Results day for rest of UK. Track service available.
From mid-morning, we start to update records for all applicants.
You can check at intervals to see if your application status has changed, but you cannot reply online until full service resumes on 18 August.
That's what it says on the Track website if you click the 'check availability' link after you've logged in.
r3m0t
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, I think they're making changes now behind-the-scenes, but the website won't show the new information until they flip a switch mid-morning.
Doodahdoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep; UCAS is all frozen now, anyway, so if there even are any updates, they won't show.

(Original post by LaurenFah)
That's good to know, and probably still the case unless there are some internal glitches. I'd imagine that after a few years of Track online, they'd have a pretty good guesstimate of what it'll be like!

God, if you're right though, that means we'll know in like 60 hours.
username97881
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
60 hours... wow!

And I agree with what people have mentioned above; I think UCAS will have sorted Track this year and there'll be no midnight releases, since they're continually updating it now and the system appears to have been 'frozen'. So, unless there's an 18-year-old insider at UCAS (!), I think 6-8am is a reasonable estimate for people to be able to see their confirmations!

|| Sam
andrea_s32
Report 11 years ago
oh no!! feel really disappointed now as I was getting really excited about knowing at midnight!! Its tuesday today so it's like tomorrotw, rather than the day after... as I would just stay up longer on the wednesday!! Wow, tomorrow does not feel that long.... although does it feel the same to everyone else.... that the last few weeks have gone really fast but these past few days have felt like years?!?!?!?
God I just want to know now!! lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (381)
79.54%
Leave (98)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise