The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm going to check edexcel at 6am then track at 7am....but i'll most probably try track at midnight just in case :p:
Reply 81
Someone in the UCAS forum just made a good point. In previous years, Track wasn't available during this period and updates were made on the 14th, 15th etc, but nobody found out because it was unavailable. This year however, Track's working fine, and on the UCAS website it says that no updates are being made in these few days, and updates will start at mid-morning on the 16th. It also says that you can keep checking on the 17th, so it looks like a lot of people will be met with "conditional" if they check Track too soon.
YAY exactly 3 days till we can start checking track frantically for hours on end (or at least till mid morning):smile:
Reply 83
Who's downloaded the auto refresher some guy posted?
I shall be checking track cos i'd love to go and collect my results knowing that i'd got into either my firm or insurance as i loved both uni's and the only difference between them being that notts was more willing to come down on the offer a bit. I wont be using an auto refresher tho cos then i wont pay any attention to it:rolleyes:
Reply 85
Thelfo
Someone in the UCAS forum just made a good point. In previous years, Track wasn't available during this period and updates were made on the 14th, 15th etc, but nobody found out because it was unavailable. This year however, Track's working fine, and on the UCAS website it says that no updates are being made in these few days, and updates will start at mid-morning on the 16th. It also says that you can keep checking on the 17th, so it looks like a lot of people will be met with "conditional" if they check Track too soon.

what a load of bs
i want to know if i'm in before i get my results
i just know i'll miss one of my grades and be running around like a headless chicken trying to find out if they'll still take me
Reply 86
durshley
what a load of bs
i want to know if i'm in before i get my results
i just know i'll miss one of my grades and be running around like a headless chicken trying to find out if they'll still take me

I can almost garentee doing the same :P
Does anyone know what time you can start phoning the uni's if all is not well? I'm thinking if i prepare for the worst it can only get better, **** i'm scared :frown: ....
Reply 88
DorianGrey
Does anyone know what time you can start phoning the uni's if all is not well? .

yea thats a gd question but sorry i don't know. I'm preparin for the worst too, i've been lookin at other possible courses that may be in clearin
Reply 89
I'm definitely checking track, my college is miles away...and if i look on track and see unconditional it means i won't have to endure the 2.5 hr bus journey to get there and i can just wait for it to come in the post. Plus i'm workin so i won't be able to go to college to collect my results.
Thelfo

I rang UCAS a few weeks ago and the lady said it would probably update around 6-8am for most Universities. I don't know if this is still the case?
I can't decide whether to look on track or not! On the one hand I don't want to spoil (if that's the right word...) the surprise, but on the other hand I don't know if I'll be able to sleep not knowing!

Then again, if I have got into my firm I won't sleep for joy, so... :p:

LaurenFah
I rang UCAS a few weeks ago and the lady said it would probably update around 6-8am for most Universities. I don't know if this is still the case?

16 August
Results day for rest of UK. Track service available.
From mid-morning, we start to update records for all applicants.
You can check at intervals to see if your application status has changed, but you cannot reply online until full service resumes on 18 August.

That's what it says on the Track website if you click the 'check availability' link after you've logged in.
Reply 92
Thelfo

No, I think they're making changes now behind-the-scenes, but the website won't show the new information until they flip a switch mid-morning.
Yep; UCAS is all frozen now, anyway, so if there even are any updates, they won't show.

LaurenFah

That's good to know, and probably still the case unless there are some internal glitches. I'd imagine that after a few years of Track online, they'd have a pretty good guesstimate of what it'll be like!

God, if you're right though, that means we'll know in like 60 hours.
60 hours... wow!

And I agree with what people have mentioned above; I think UCAS will have sorted Track this year and there'll be no midnight releases, since they're continually updating it now and the system appears to have been 'frozen'. So, unless there's an 18-year-old insider at UCAS (!), I think 6-8am is a reasonable estimate for people to be able to see their confirmations!

|| Sam
Reply 95
oh no!! feel really disappointed now as I was getting really excited about knowing at midnight!! Its tuesday today so it's like tomorrotw, rather than the day after... as I would just stay up longer on the wednesday!! Wow, tomorrow does not feel that long.... although does it feel the same to everyone else.... that the last few weeks have gone really fast but these past few days have felt like years?!?!?!?
God I just want to know now!! lol

Latest