The Student Room Group

What age do you want to get married?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yourlastmistake
never, too many gold digggers

If you fall for a gold digger in the first place it's probably you're own fault, and you are very superficial and materialistic. It's not hard to pick someone on your socioeconomic level to begin with so you don't have to worry about getting rinsed.

And why is it that nowadays the guys that cry gold digger, mostly these red pill dudes, are the ones have no money or assets to begin with?
Reply 21
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Well in order to get married someone needs to love you deeply but seeing as no one does its most likely never

Clearly people who get married at 22/23 is because their parents want to get rid of them and settled, oh what a shame. Are your parents the same or are you being forced to have arranged marriage? How sad

Plus, how will you be financially stable at 22/23? Oh that's right, benefits 👀
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Recently engaged, and looking at dates at the moment. Likely to be when i'm 25 and she's 26.
Original post by Ishax
x
24-25 ideally but who knows what will happen? :lol:
Original post by hamza772000
24-25 ideally but who knows what will happen? :lol:

Nice answer :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Realistically, it's true though, isn't it? :tongue:
I am 30 now. I only started to think about a marriage in the last year. And I do really want to get married within 2 years time. But it's highly unlikely anyway.
Reply 27
Probably be about 80 by the time I can afford it:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ishax
Clearly people who get married at 22/23 is because their parents want to get rid of them and settled, oh what a shame. Are your parents the same or are you being forced to have arranged marriage? How sad

There will be a loving, intelligent couple marrying at 23 who most likely earn more than you will at 30, so don't assume everyone that age is on benefits. Are you going to be on benefits at 22?
I used to say 28-29 but with business as steady and solid as it is now I'd drop that to 24/5
I ll be 22 when we get married next October, he ll be 26 :smile:
Original post by Ishax

I ll be 22, I moved out when I was 18, we both work full time and don't get any kind of benefits and never plan to.
between 24-28 :smile: xx
I don't wanna be an old parent
Reply 33
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
There will be a loving, intelligent couple marrying at 23 who most likely earn more than you will at 30, so don't assume everyone that age is on benefits. Are you going to be on benefits at 22?

It's not about the salary, I want to have savings and progress in my career. I don't want to get married at a young age and miss out on my 20's. I don't understand how someone is stable at 22 without parental support. Quite sad really. I don't understand how they'll get a mortgage.

I'd prefer to be financially stable.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wish to be a single father.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by claireestelle
I ll be 22, I moved out when I was 18, we both work full time and don't get any kind of benefits and never plan to.

Why did you move out at 18? How were you financially stable to move out unless you went to university accommodation etc then fair enough.

The way I see it marriage limits options, I want to progress in my career and live my own life. Be selfish and not give up my 20's by getting married and having children.
Original post by Ishax
It's not about the salary, I want to have savings and progress in my career. I don't want to get married at a young age and miss out on my 20's. I don't understand how someone is stable at 22 without parental support. Quite sad really. I don't understand how they'll get a mortgage.

I'd prefer to be financially stable.

Why do you not understand it? Sure if you spend your 20s living out of your means then saving is impossible but when you spend sensibly it's perfectly possible to get a mortgage that age.
Original post by Ishax
Why did you move out at 18? How were you financially stable to move out unless you went to university accommodation etc then fair enough.

The way I see it marriage limits options, I want to progress in my career and live my own life. Be selfish and not give up my 20's by getting married and having children.

I moved out for university but also as an adult I didn't want to be living with my mum, she raised me to be independent so I stopped relying on her support financially the minute I could.

That's your perspective mine is very different, mine having one of my parents die in their mid 30s is that we don't live forever so if I want to do something like have a family when we own a house and are able to afford to I will rather than put that of until it could be too late too (the way I see it my mum really struggled to have her second child so I don't want to wait till my 30s to have them) . Besides getting married and having kids isn't something that will stop me doing anything I want to when I ve done it all already.
Reply 39
Original post by claireestelle
Why do you not understand it? Sure if you spend your 20s living out of your means then saving is impossible but when you spend sensibly it's perfectly possible to get a mortgage that age.

I mean in terms of financial stability, I want someone who's financially stable so I can live more comfortably. I also want to spend time on my career and not settle down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending