The Student Room Group

Should I pick an AS subject or EPQ?

In my school we can pick either AS subjects or EPQ as our fourth subject at A level, so I was wondering which would be more beneficial and which one is more respected?
Original post by valdokarina
In my school we can pick either AS subjects or EPQ as our fourth subject at A level, so I was wondering which would be more beneficial and which one is more respected?

Obviously an EPQ. What are you gonna do with half an A level that isn't even credited.
Original post by valdokarina

I would say the AS subject is definitely more respected generally, plus it gives you the option to carry on that subject to A2 if you feel like it. AS and EPQ are very different experiences so it depends a lot on what you want to get out of it.

Are there any fourth ASs you would enjoy taking? It can be a serious dampener on the year to take a final subject you really don't enjoy.
I'd go for EPQ, If you're all set with the A-Levels you are doing try focus on them instead of another that you'll drop at the end of the year. You can use your EPQ to help compliment the degree you choose to study if you want to go to university after sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest