Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pre-holiday depression watch

Announcements

(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I guess what he really means is that he will miss everyone, just not you
    That's just mean.

(Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am feeling a tad better now actually, thank you people.

PS I think depression was a too strong word, I should not have used it.
    See, things are looking better already, you might even smile soon, and don't deny that you can do it - it's on the picture tread! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to feel down before going away? My mate I am going with has been a bit cool with me this week so I am worried I have done somthing to annoy him, I am also worried about the flight and getting everything packed etc.

All my enthusisasm for this holiday seems to have gone at the moment.
    i felt just like that! i was really anxious about everything-money, food, accommodation, travelling, forgetting something, getting ill, arguing with my boyfriend etc etc - you name it, i worried about it! especially since my parents were on holiday while i was away, it somehow made it scarier. but i had a great time, marred only by the fact that it took me a couple of days to relax! so don't worry too much, just be prepared then nothing can go wrong! i'm sure you'll have a great time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    That's just mean.

See, things are looking better already, you might even smile soon, and don't deny that you can do it - it's on the picture tread! :eek:
    I never smiled on that picture, somebody on here was just good with photshop and made it look like I was smiling

ReputationRep:
    I will hope he is on MSN tonight, I phoned him today when he was at work, I hinted to him whats up with him but he just said "nout" he could just be bussy at work I guess.

As for getting mugged, I have survived Moss Side and Lambath in London so Barcelona shouldn't be a problem, I will just be careful like I always am.

We didnt't argue much last year but then it was that cool week we had, so it was only 20c in Paris and Amsterdam. In Barcelona its likely to be upto 35c so tempers my fly, this is quite normal though. If I sense that happens I will just say I want to go for a walk alone to avoid an argument.
    Before I did my journeys I was looking at the cities in Europe and theft and confidence tricks etc and I found a website about Barcelon alone and it had soemthing like 50 entries by different people, many saying it was the worst place in Europe for that kind of stuff. Apparently they are very bold and fool a lot of people who are too polite to make a stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Before I did my journeys I was looking at the cities in Europe and theft and confidence tricks etc and I found a website about Barcelon alone and it had soemthing like 50 entries by different people, many saying it was the worst place in Europe for that kind of stuff. Apparently they are very bold and fool a lot of people who are too polite to make a stand.
    I guess I just have to keep to the main streets etc, the hotels are in the nicer part but its still quite central and maybe rough. I will be there for 4 nights in total but in different hotels. I will try not to carry too much cash on me as well.

Perhaps getting to the airport to the city via tube will be the most dangerous part.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I just have to keep to the main streets etc, the hotels are in the nicer part but its still quite central and maybe rough. I will be there for 4 nights in total but in different hotels. I will try not to carry too much cash on me as well.

Perhaps getting to the airport to the city via tube will be the most dangerous part.
    The tube: Don't let anyone know which stop you're getting off at (e.g. no saying "only 4 stops now" to your mate). it's liek saying "thieves: you have 4.5 minutes to work on me".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    The tube: Don't let anyone know which stop you're getting off at (e.g. no saying "only 4 stops now" to your mate). it's liek saying "thieves: you have 4.5 minutes to work on me".
    Thanks thats a good idea, we may end up getting a taxi anyway, I will have to work out how far it is first.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.