Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Child nursing April 2017 Medway campus Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi all just wondering who is joining me in April to start the journey on becoming a child nurse. I am very much looking forward to it and can not wait.

ReputationRep:
    Me I am 😀😀😀 very excited x

ReputationRep:
    I just want to get started now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsarr)
    I just want to get started now lol
    So do I, do you have any idea when we start? Do you live in Medway?
    Claire x

ReputationRep:
    i believe we start within the first week of April, if similar to last year. But hopefully we have more info soon

I live in maidstone

Laura x

ReputationRep:
    Saw this online so maybe the 17thName:  IMG_3241.PNG
Views: 36
Size:  65.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsarr)
    i believe we start within the first week of April, if similar to last year. But hopefully we have more info soon

I live in maidstone

Laura x
    Yes I've seen a few dates I know we get Easter
    Off so assumed we would start after. I actually can't wait to start and meet everyone seems like forever ago was interview day etc.
    I've been looking for a group or forum for this course for a while. Hopefully a few others with join and we can arrange a meet before we start. 😀

ReputationRep:
    I'm travelling up from Ramsgate

ReputationRep:
    Yea the guys I all went to college with to do the access all went on to adult nursing and met loads of people before they actually started in September so I hoping same will happen for us. I suprised you didn't want Canterbury campus then? Are you hoping to be based in ashford hospital as be close to home for you

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied for bursary / student loan now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsarr)
    Have you applied for bursary / student loan now?
    Yes there was a few from my access course that have started adult nursing and a few doing midwifery.

I just preferred the Medway campus and the fact you can park there 😀 I'm hoping I get Margate for my base ward but will travel I wouldn't mind Gillingham hospital as their Pediatric unit is lovely. Margate would be ideal though for me as kids at school and it's closer to home.

I haven't applied for bursary yet have you?

ReputationRep:
    I hope to get Medway hospital , I can't go Maidstone or pembury as I know all the staff due to my daughter health and at interview Ann said it be no go as personal my professional relationships with staff lol. I applied for bursary yesterday but have from now till February to sort it. I just done it now so I know what money to expect and hubby can sort out his working hours ect

ReputationRep:
    How old are your children? Mine are 9 and 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsarr)
    How old are your children? Mine are 9 and 7
    I really must do mine so I know what I'm entitled too.

My girls are 4 & 5 :-)

Have you found anyone else who's going to be on our course? Adult nursing and midwifery all have Facebook groups al set up..

ReputationRep:
    No no one lol, the girls on adult nursing had Facebook group set up since finding out about July and met up in the summer. I tried find Facebook group but nothing

ReputationRep:
    Shall we set up Facebook group incase people are searching like we hav Been ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsarr)
    Shall we set up Facebook group incase people are searching like we hav Been ??
    Yes I think that's a fab idea 😄

ReputationRep:
    I set one called cccu child nursing 2017 ....

ReputationRep:
    My friend who started last April said uni will set one but not till Dec / Jan time but least this way there Is one incase people look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsarr)
    My friend who started last April said uni will set one but not till Dec / Jan time but least this way there Is one incase people look
    That's fab I'll join it now.. gonna do my bursary today

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.